Friday, November 14, 2014

1st Fertility Consultation!

Today I had my first consultation at a fertility clinic. I'm starting the process to do Artificial Insemination to have my own baby through donor sperm.

There was SO MUCH INFO!!!! What's needed of me to get pregnant:

  1. Sperm - FDA Licensed Sperm Bank - CMV (If I'm positive - use any donor - If I'm negative, only CMV- donor. 
  2. Eggs - Ovulating? Quality (age, ultrasound, hormones (FSH/LH/Estradid AMH). Check for PCOS. 
  3. Tubes - HSG Test
  4. Uterus - Ultrasound (size, fibroids), HSG (shape), sonohysterogram (poly/fibroid). 
We are going to try for a Natural Cycle IUI (intrauterine insemination). Basically, having washed sperm injected directly into the Uterus. Depending on test outcomes, will see if I have to have fertility drugs or triggers. Hoping not... but will see. 


I am so excited! Hoping to have a baby boy or girl by the end of 2015.

I have a lot that I need to do in order to get started:

  1. Meet with a high risk OBGYN to talk about Diabetes management. 
  2. Meet with a psychologist to discuss reasons and potential issues with pursing Artificial Insemination. 
  3. Try to get my weight down 
  4. Stop birth control pills (after package complete) 
  5. Start pre-natal vitamins (December)
  6. Get my period (without Birth Control!) -- CALL and schedule appointment 
  7. Do Testing and bloodworm -- Cycle Day (CD) #2 or #3. 
  8. Pick a Sperm Bank 
  9. Select a Donor 

Here's to hoping and praying for my Baby C!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment