Thursday, August 30, 2018

Delay in IVF #4

It’s funny... I almost forgot how crazy doing fertility treatments can make you and how nothing ever goes as planned! 

My Period is Late 

After my consult, I was started on Provera to try and induce my period. I had just weaned and I guess my hormones are all out of whack because my period decided not to make an appearance. I started to worry, but there’s really nothing that can be done. It needed to come by 8/26 in order to make the September retrieval dates. 

The Plan: October Retrieval 

Since my period didn’t happen, my cycle will be pushed back to October. The reason October sucks: retrieval week is the week of Halloween. 

I’m hoping I’ll be able to get a retrieval date AFTER Halloween... Halloween is a big deal for my son & I don’t want to miss any of the fun stuff we do as a family. 

If I waited for the next retrieval, it would be the week of my son’s birthday. So way worse than Halloween week! Both weeks are not ideal, at all. Which... is so typical of doing fertility treatments. 

How I Feel 

I’m a bit disappointed that I didn’t make the September retrieval... it was the best one that fit into my schedule and my life. I also had a pretty crappy week! 

1) The baby got Hand-Mouth-Foot Disease (HMFD) for the 2nd time in one month. The odds? Very slim. I’ll write a separate entry on HMFD. 
2) No childcare provider will watch children with HMFD. So no daycare and no backup childcare. 
3) I had deadlines at work, so had to work from home with a VERY clingy baby. Meaning I didn’t get much done and had to work after he went to sleep. Then, he wasn’t sleeping well - so I was operating with very little sleep. 
4) My older son had major issues at daycare, behavior wise. 
5) My older son ended up getting HMFD as well. 
6) I had a drama filled week at work.
7) Then - my period didn’t come and the cycle got delayed. 

Crappy, crappy week. 

But it’s funny... because even with all the variables - it didn’t feel “too” bad, like it was unmanageable or anything. Just very inconvenient! 

Where the cycle is concerned... yeah, sucks to delay it. But I figure it’s going to happen when it’s meant to happen. I’m way more relaxed about it (at the moment anyways!). Easy to say now when I’m not on fertility Meds! Lol. Really though, this stuff never has gone as planned and when things don’t go as planned it can be stressful. It doesn’t feel stressful yet. I’m really hoping my “relaxed” state will continue as I go through fertility treatments. 

Next steps: Wait for AF... 


No comments:

Post a Comment