Sunday, March 28, 2021

Fast Forward to 2021

Gosh... it’s been a long time since I’ve sat down to update this blog. I admit, it’s hard for me to keep a blog because I’m so private & it feels counter intuitive to put all my life happenings out in the cyber world. 

Since the last time I wrote - so much has happened! 

But before diving into that, why I stopped writing. 

My one and only embryo from the cycle I last wrote about came back PGS normal and female. I thought it would work... I did another Hysteroscopy to prep for the cycle & the FET cycle failed. I was in a very dark place afterward. I think the mix of hormones from the fertility treatments, running out of time fertility-wise, and running out of money to keep trying... just really brought me down. I had the transfer and it didn’t work and I had no embryos left. I was completely devastated. I just couldn’t keep documenting all the heartbreak... so I stopped blogging. 

However, I did keep trying. I switched fertility clinics (hard for me to do!) and had 2 more IVF cycles... one failed cycle and one cycle that resulted in 3 embryos. First fresh transfer of 2 embryos = didn’t work. Transferred my very last embryo.... and IT WORKED!!!

I became pregnant with my daughter! Then... when I was in my third trimester = Coronavirus hit. My daughter was born during the stay at home order in my state. Such a crazy time. She’s now almost 11 months old & still hasn’t met most of my friends or family. 

My B is now in 1st grade and is 7. And my L will be turning 4 soon. They both love their Sissy. 

I am hoping to catch up on this blog and maybe document a new adventure... I am considering a cross country move to a rural area! I grew up in a big city and have lived close to a big city all my life. Now I’m considering moving my little family to the country and purchasing acreage. Like, what?! Lol. 

Hoping to get back into writing and sharing this journey. Because it’s going to be a crazy big change for me and my kids. There’s more I’d like to write about as well... like parenting a child with special needs, having L learn and own his birth story, being cut off from my support system during the pandemic... here’s to hoping I can find the time to blog and share some of our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment