Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The *Maybe* Move: Week 1 - figuring things out

With the decision that I definitely wanted to pursue moving to Missouri, I had my long list of things to do/research. Once Monday hit, I was on the phone - which felt like non-stop. I don’t think I’ve been on the phone for such a long time since I was a teen! I can’t believe all the things I got done in one week! 

  1. Spoke to the SPED director at the local public school. Discussed my son’s IEP and his needs. 
  2. Called Preschools/Pre-Ks. Most are currently full. Found out that the public school has free part-time Pre-K! So score on that. Just need to fill the gap. I put L on a few waiting lists. 
  3. Called daycares and reviewed their inspection reports. They are also all full! It’s going to be a challenge to get E into a daycare. I did put her on a few waiting lists. The other option is to try and find a nanny to watch E and L (when he’s not in school). 
  4. Called a local realtor that my friend suggested. She is SUPER nice and very responsive! I called her on a Monday and she found me a lender licensed in MO, talked to me about what I needed to do, we met at my house on that Thursday. So by Monday night I already reached out to the lender and got prequalified! By Thursday I had an idea of what I’d need to do to sell my house in AZ. 
  5. I reached out to a realtor in MO and discussed what it would look like to purchase a house directly from the owner (vs. a listing). She is able to represent me and help me through this, which gives me huge peace of mind. I’ve only bought one house - my current house. I bought this house directly from the builder. So I never had to do anything like negotiate on the offer on a house or anything. 
  6. Researched the local area. 
  7. Looked into storm shelters and history of tornadoes in the area. 
  8. Got some estimates on using movers. 
  9. Told my manager about the potential move. 
  10. Researched gardening in MO and about chicken coops!
  11. I bought moving supplies! 
  12. I created a project plan to consolidate all the things I need to do, want to do, need to research, etc. 
Phew. Week #1 was productive. By doing all of these things, it made me really want to move. It’s hard to be so hopeful that this will work out and trying to be cautious. So I figure, if it doesn’t work out - then at least I have decluttered my house, which I’ve been trying to do for YEARS! LOL. Also, I know for sure I want to move... I want a change. So, there’s that. Ideally, all will work out with this house and we’ll move in June/July. If not, there are other options to explore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment