Monday, December 15, 2014

Monthly Meeting with Case Manager

Quick Recap of my little guy's case: At the last court hearing in October, a relative was suggested in taking my foster son. This relative was considered before and was determined to not be the right place for him. Now, they were looking at this relative for the 3rd time!!

I was really nervous and scared that my little guy would be moved to this relative. For confidentiality purposes, I can't disclose much more info than that.

Today I met with my little guy's Case Manager. This was a BIG meeting for me because I was going to learn if the relative was approved to take my foster son. I had been on egg shells since the October court hearing just waiting - and waiting - and waiting - to see what would happen.

Turns out, the relative did not continue to follow through on some of the required screening in order to take custody of my foster son. The relative basically stopped returning calls and pursing things. Therefore, the relative is not being considered as a placement at this time...

This is good in many ways. First, I don't think it would be in my foster son's best interest to go to this relative. Second, he's been with me his entire life and does not have a relationship with this relative. Third, this relative has not made an effort to build a relationship with him and has known about him since he was born.

Another hurdle in his case. I swear, my heart just stops every time we are in court and I hear something *new* with them possibly moving him to an unsafe situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment