Wednesday, December 17, 2014

High Risk Pregnancy Evaluation - Diabetes

I went to the High Risk Pregnancy folks that specialize in Diabetes care. I didn't realize how much it was going to cost $$$$$$!!! Luckily my deductible covered some of it. Sheesh.

We had a conversation on managing blood sugars during pregnancy and what happens to the baby if I don't.... It's pretty scary! Diabetes management is no joke. I'm aiming at regulating my glucose pre-pregnancy, so that it's easier to maintain while I'm pregnant.

Once pregnant, I'll have a regular OBGYN and then go to the diabetes doctor to mange the diabetes aspect of things. What's kind of cool is that they can do a genetic test at 10 weeks gestational AND find out the gender at that time too!!! That's really early. Since I'll be a "high risk pregnancy" these tests are covered by my insurance.

This whole process thus far has been joyful. Imagine at the end of all this, I'll be able to hold my little miracle in my arms <3

Next step here: follow-up appointment in January. I have to log my food and my glucose levels for 2 weeks straight and go back in to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment