Friday, February 20, 2015

Where oh where did the little sperm go...?

I had a mini-freak out. The Donor Sperm was scheduled to be delivered on 2/18/15. I received the shipping information on Monday, 2/16/15 and decided to check the tracking on 2/18. Well... it said "No estimated delivery date available at this time." 

Really? OMG. I was just thinking about all the waivers I signed when I purchased the sperm and whether or not I would have any recourse if the sperm did not make it to the clinic - got lost or something.  Not a good thought when I spent over $1400 on Donor Sperm...!

I emailed the clinic and they checked the shipment. Turns out the shipping was delayed due to weather conditions and will be delayed for 2-4 days.

Next thought: How long is the shipment tank good for?

Answer from the clinic: The tank can keep sperm frozen for up to two weeks.

So we *should* be ok, as long as it gets delivered next week. Checked today and there is still not an ETA on the shipment.

Thank goodness I ordered in advance and didn't have a procedure scheduled or I would've been screwed.

Also, Donor Monroe is now sold out. I knew he would sell out within a few weeks. Glad I purchased when I did - just maybe I should've shipped earlier or later... Ugh.

Now to ask the Shipping Gods to PLEASE deliver the sperm safely to my clinic within the two-week period so that the precious little swimmers don't go bad... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment