Monday, February 2, 2015

Hysteroscopy Pre-Opp

I wasn't thrilled about the decision to have a Hysteroscopy... After the pre-opp, I'm now a little scared! Here's how the conversation went: 

Diagnosis: 1) Uterine Filling Defect (Fibroid or Polyp) 

Options
  1. Do Nothing -- Avoid Surgery, Lower Pregnancy Rate 
  2. Surgery -- Better pregnancy, Risks of Surgery 
Official surgery name: Hysteroscopic Polypectomy 

Risks
  1. Anesthesia complications. 
  2. Bleeding 
  3. Infection 
  4. Injury - Uterine Perforation --> Stop, Laparoscopy 
  5. Fluid Overload --> Stop 
  6. No guarantees of pregnancy 
  7. Recurrence (it can grow back) 
  8. Scarring --> Infertility 
The "Risks" are supposedly low, like less than 1% for any of the above things to happen. But man... Those risks are SCARY. Right? 

Let's hope Lady Luck is with me this month. I swear, I need her right now. I don't want anymore set-backs or anything major to happen that would lead me to not be able to get pregnant. Yikes. 

Need to say a prayer... 

No comments:

Post a Comment