Thursday, October 25, 2018

IVF #4: Monitoring Appointment #2 (Stim Day 7)

I had my monitoring appointment yesterday. I'm not really sure what to make of it!

The Right Ovary 

There were 4 follicles:

- 1 is way to big, most likely a cyst
- 2 are also big, but not as big as the possible cyst
- 1 is the "right" size, about 10 mm

The Left Ovary

- There are about 5-6 follicles, but they're all small, about 7-8 mm

Apparently, the follicles on Day #7 of stims should be closer to 10mm. The follicles in the left ovary are more like Day #5 of stim size.

From my Piper Patch IVF Notebook ((https://www.piperpatch.com/):



When I received my E2 levels, I'm at a 494.9. My portal message:
No changes to your medications! Please continue your most current dosing and continue to follow the calendar instructions at this time.
See you at your next appointment on FRIDAY.
If you have any questions please feel free to call us.
The cycle was not cancelled.

The thought process is, if the follicles in the left ovary keep progressing, we would skip the follicles in the right and aim for the left. Which may lead to extra stim days with a possible retrieval day of Halloween. Not ideal, but it would be worth it to get 5-6 eggs. If the follicles in the left don't grow, try to get the ones in the right... but since they are growing so fast - will probably not result in anything. There was talk about just doing an IUI... but since I have polyps from my saline ultrasound, it's not really an option. Not to mention, I want a wider age gap from my youngest.

I'm not really sure what to think or expect from this cycle. It's kind of been all over the place really. I have another monitoring appointment tomorrow (Stim Day 9).

Random Stuff

I'm running out of real estate on my stomach. Starting to get bruised up and not many places to put my injections. My son has also gotten curious about me doing my injections. Can you imagine I went through fertility treatments for 2 years and he never once noticed me doing shots? I also went through the majority of my pregnancy doing insulin shots and he never noticed. But now, he totally notices.

What's also interesting is trying not to freak out while doing my injections (it's still hard for me to stick the needle in) - while having my toddler cry and my preschooler yelling. LOL. Talk about distractions! Can I get a minute of quiet to give myself a shot? Nope. LOL. I've had no choice but to just suck it up and inject, so I can take care of business. I guess it's good in a way or I might stand there forever hesitating!

Since yesterday I have started to get some aches in my ovaries. I don't remember if I ever had aches or pains when I was stimming before... not like this. I tried reading some of my old blog posts to see if I mention any aches or pains. It's VERY uncomfortable. Then... when you have two kids body slamming you during story time... Ouch!!

I also noticed an increase in my CM. I'm hoping that's a good sign for my E2 levels. From what I recall, I believe my E2 levels really need to double by tomorrow...

Thoughts

I had an interesting situation at my appointment yesterday. My son had an appointment in the morning and my monitoring appointment was right after his appointment. So, I had to bring him with me to my monitoring appointment. I think with all of my fertility treatments, I have only had to bring him maybe twice in all that time. He's older now... and curious. I thought it would be a bit awkward to have him in the exam room while having a transvaginal ultrasound!

One of my SMC friend's was so sweet and offered to come to my appointment and sit with my son in the waiting room. So very nice of her! I am so grateful to have a friend like her and willing to go out of her way for us.

What I've also found difficult about going through IVF this go-around is that I'm also very busy at work. Making these appointments has not been easy. Going through stims has not been easy. Having a potential moving egg retrieval day has not been easy. Trying to not tell my manager that I'm going through IVF has not been easy (I've chosen not to say anything). Work commitments are going to be hard to shuffle around next week. I'll make it work, of course, but it's just an extra stressor.

I'm not really sure how I'm feeling about this cycle... My RE said I do a good job of being optimistic, while also being realistic. LOL. I think I had prepared myself for the cycle to be cancelled yesterday. But when it didn't... and we are still going... I really want to get to an egg retrieval at this point. I'm now 8 days into stims and I can't do an IUI. I would just hate for all of this to have been for nothing.

A bit concerned about the appointment tomorrow, but holding my expectations in line.

With all things IVF, it's one step at a time. And of course, keeping my Fingers crossed.

My October calendar so far:



Let's see what happens... 




No comments:

Post a Comment