Friday, April 9, 2021

The Road to Baby #3: FET of my last embryo and seeing two lines!

Continuing my story of trying for Baby #3.

After IVF #6, I had a fresh transfer of two embryos and froze one embryo. The fresh transfer didn’t work and I had to start prepping for a FET of my last embryo. I didn’t write much during this time... I was in a very sad place and didn’t have a clear path forward if my last embryo didn’t work. 

My RE had suggested that I transfer a donor embryo AND my frozen embryo. I didn’t like that suggestion & it made me anxious that he suggested it. But he said it increased the odds of it working. I decided to move forward with transferring only my frozen embryo. Here is a pic of my beautiful embryo. 


As much as I am impatient... I normally start testing about 4 days post transfer! I waited until 6 days this time. I had a suspicion that the transfer had worked because my blood sugars were spiking. That happened when I was pregnant with L as well.

I can’t even tell you how I felt when I tested and saw the second line... and I didn’t even have to squint! 


I was so excited that I took a few more tests later in the day... just to confirm it was actually real!


This time, I didn’t have slow rising betas. They raised steadily. 


Early Pregnancy Symptom: 

  • Started feeling breast pain at 4dpt
  • My blood sugar started fluctuating significantly at 5dpt 
  • Getting headaches 
  • Back aches 
  • Some lightening pain in uterus 
  • Major fatigue by 10dpt 
  • HOT FLASHES!!! 
  • Cramping 4w6d - & not feeling as tired, so a bit worried something happened ðŸ˜” Like all my pregnancy symptoms have disappeared 
  • Sense of smell 

Excerpt from my diary: 

I’ve waited so long to get a POSITIVE pregnancy test! When I tested and saw the light pink line… I cried and cried and cried. Happy joyful tears with so much possibilities. The possibility of a new baby… my little one. I’ve been trying for a year to have this baby: 

 

  1. October 2018 - IVF retrieval = 1 PGS normal embryo 
  2. November 2018 - Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 
  3. January 2019 - FET Transfer of PGS normal embryo = not pregnant 
  4. March 2019 - IVF cycle = cancelled for non-response 
  5. June 2019 - IVF cycle = resulted in 3 embryos, fresh transfer of 2 = not pregnant 
  6. August 30, 2019 - FET of last embryo = pregnant with baby! 

 

I wasn’t sure what I’d do if this cycle didn’t work… when I saw that positive pregnancy test it was a relief that finally… finally it worked. 

 

It’s still a long way to go and a lot of hurdles to pass, but I feel this deep love for this child. You are wanted, you are loved, you were dreamed of. I’m praying and hoping that this pregnancy will go smoothly and you’ll join our family earth-side in late April/early May of 2020. 

 It felt like a long road to seeing a positive pregnancy test... When you are TTC each cycle is so precious and the wait between cycles can feel like a life time. 

I will try to write some entries about my pregnancy... My daughter was born during the Coronavirus pandemic... So, my last trimester wasn’t what I had hoped it would be. Giving birth during the stay-at-home order was an experience and being postpartum was a challenge. We can all probably write so much about our experiences during the pandemic. I documented most of mine through pictures of our ground hog days at home! I hope to share it here as I get the blog caught up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment