Wednesday, January 20, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Acupuncture + Medication Order #1 Arrived


Acupuncture

I wasn't sure if I was going to do acupuncture again. But since I never really got to complete my first IVF Cycle, I thought I should give it a try this go-around. I went back to my acupuncturist last weekend. It's a little tricky scheduling time to go to an appointment since I have to get childcare for my boys while I go (I can only go on the weekends). Luckily a friend was available to watch the boys. I will most likely go weekly until Egg Retrieval. It's an investment, but I'm hoping it pays off. Next appointment is this Saturday.

Medication Order #1 

I received my confirmation call from the pharmacy on 1/19. I was surprised at the low co-pay for my medications. Got to love having infertility coverage from my insurance! Only perk about having the diagnosis of "Unexplained Infertility."

I received my medication shipment today.

The Box

Just in case you forget

Meds

It wasn't as overwhelming receiving the medications this time, which I guess is good. Time feels like it's moving pretty slow to get to stims. Two more weeks to go before I start Lupron. I'm trying to set my expectations accordingly, just in case things turn out the same as they did for IVF Cycle #1... But at the same time, I'm not really feeling stressed about it right now. I'm sure that'll change as I get closer to stuff. Right now, I'm just going with the flow. It'd be nice if the stim medications didn't make me highly emotional, it would be nice to ride this calm wave through the entire cycle! 

The one thing that's bothering me is, I haven't received the cost breakdown from my clinic. I should have some left over funds in my account since I didn't finish IVF Cycle #1. Payment is due Monday... it would be nice to know what I will be expected to pay so I can budget for it or see if I can swing it with my FSA.

Next Steps: 
  1. 1/23/16 @ 2:00 p.m.: Acupuncture Appointment 
  2. 1/25/16 @ 10:30 a.m.: Injections Training, Payment Due, Ultrasound, and Blood Work 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment