Thursday, January 7, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Medication Order #1 Complete!

Ordering medications this go-around I felt more knowledgeable. Last time, it just felt like I had no clue what I was doing. When I ordered, I didn't have a list of the meds.

This time was completely different. I had a copy of my medication order. I was able to cross-check with the items I have from previous cycles. I was able to order only the medications that I needed. It also turns out that there are multiple medications that "expire". For example, Lupron expires after 14 days! I didn't know that. So, I only ordered the medications that had a longer shelf life. I will order the other medication closer to when I need it. One other example are the Progesterone Suppositories. They expired in early January. I didn't realize that the shelf-life was so short! Never even got to use them for my last cycle. This cycle, I'm not ordering them until I get closer to needing to use them.

I don't have a cost breakdown yet. I ordered: Gonal F, Menopur, Dexamethasone, and Tri-Pak. They'll arrive on 1/20 and I'll receive a confirmation call on 1/19 with the cost breakdown.

For my last IVF cycle, I never received an itemization of the costs for my medicine. Since I was on the phone with the pharmacy, I asked for the itemization costs to be sent to me and confirmation of payment. When they call on 1/19, I'm going to ask for that for this order as well. Have to be organized for Tax season!

All and all, it was a good experience ordering the medication. It doesn't feel overwhelming, I feel like I am more knowledgeable, and the process has gone smoothly so far.

Next Steps:

  • Continue BC pills. 
  • 1/19/16: Receive call from pharmacy to confirm med order and cost. 
  • 1/20/16: Receive medication in the mail. 
  • 1/25/16: Injections class, Payment Due in Full, possible Ultrasound 

For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment