Friday, October 14, 2016

5w+6d = 1st Ultrasound

I was a little freaked out about my ultrasound. Like having crazy dreams and stuff about what was going to happen! So anxious...

Now, to level set on the ultrasound. It's EARLY. They told me not to expect to see much. What they should see is: the gestational sac (if there's more than one), the yolk sac, and where baby has implanted. They can maybe see: the fetal pole and heartbeat. 

Of course I googled and googled, watched videos of ultrasounds at 5 weeks. 

I would say I went into my ultrasound being 100% prepared of what I should see and what I might see. It's kind of like my IVF stims. Once I saw the follicle development on the monitor (or lack there of), I knew when something was wrong and when stims were going right. 

This was the first time I saw my RE since my egg transfer on 9/22. I was super nervous/anxious to have the ultrasound done. When we started, I thought I saw the gestational sac right away, but didn't want to get too excited, so waited until he walked me through what he was seeing.

There was only 1 sac, so only 1 embryo implanted. We saw the gestational sac, the yolk sac. Then I thought I saw the fetal pole! Then he said, "here's the fetal pole." I was so excited once he said he saw it, because I knew there was a chance we wouldn't see it. One of my fears is that there wouldn't be a baby at all and just an empty sac or something. Then, I saw a little flicker on the fetal pole and I was sure it was the heartbeat and it was! The little heartbeat was flickering away. We tried to listen, but couldn't really hear it. But it measured between 100-103 bpm, which is what it should be at this point.  Everything measured on target.

I think I only have 1 more appointment with my RE before he releases me to the OB... next appointment is on 10/26. I also stop all meds on November 11th.

I am super relieved that we saw so much. Today is probably the first day we could've seen the heartbeat, so I'm really happy that we were able to see it. I cried... and my RE gave me a hug :)

I am still in shock about all this. I know I'm not out of the woods yet, still taking one small step at a time that the pregnancy progresses well. But right now, I am pregnant and my little one has a heartbeat!! Wow, how amazing is that.

Feeling blessed and grateful.

Next Steps:

  • 10/26/16: Ultrasound #2 (7w4d) 



No comments:

Post a Comment