Tuesday, October 4, 2016

FET #2 (Cycle 11): Beta #2 = 83.1

Since I found out my beta results were so low, I've been Googling so much! I knew I wouldn't really know until after the 2nd beta came back on where things will stand... but it's hard sitting around and not being able to do anything. So, I POAS some more! The day after my beta (9dpt), I was convinced that this was a chemical pregnancy. The line looked slightly darker, but not by much. Then I took a test the next day at 10dpt and the line was obviously darker. I don't know if that really told me anything on how much my beta was going up or even *if* it was going up... But it was really nice to compare the lines and see a noticeable change, which made me feel more hopeful about things.


I had to wait from 8am until about NOON to get my results of my second beta. Here they are:

8dpt5dt [13 dpo], 9/30/16 = 30
11dp5dt [16 dpo], 10/3/16 = 83.1


This is really good because I have a double time of about 49 hours. I thought doubling time was 36-72 hours, but some websites say 48-72 hours. Here's a chart from an online HCG calculator from wantbaby.com: 


After I received the call, I felt so relieved...! I can't even explain how happy I was that the numbers doubled. But I can't stop the feeling that I'm not out of the woods yet... I want to be happy and excited, but there's still so much that needs to go right. I'm on the lower "normal" side of beta levels, but the doubling is so important and that seems to be happening at a good amount of time. 

After about 5 minutes of being overjoyed with the news of beta #2 doubles, I quickly started worrying about beta #3. Will my little one keep going? 

It's a little strange thinking about my little one. These were my day 6-ers that barely made it to expanded blasts prior to being freezed, were frozen for 7 months, and one embryo took longer to expand after being thawed. I think of these embryos as my little fighters. With my low levels, I'm pretty sure only 1 has implanted. But maybe the low numbers are a result of just being a little slower to catch up? I can think and think about it. I think of my little one as my little fighter. 

I don't know when/if I'll ever feel comfortable with things. That can be another entry though... I think after TTC for so long, I'm just weary that bad news is waiting for me. 

I always imagined that when I got my BFP that that would be IT. There would be no more doubt because I'd get a strong line on a HPT and my betas would be through the roof. It's so funny how things never play out as we hoped/imagined! Honestly though, if this pregnancy will stick and I will have a baby in June of next year... this would all be worth it. My expected due date would be June 10, 2017. 

Still hoping and praying to God, that my little fighter will keep fighting and making those HCG numbers double, so this Mama can relax a little bit.

Next Steps: 
  • 10/5/16: Beta #3
Click the hyperlink for more details on FET #2IVF Cycles, or TTC journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment