Monday, January 4, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Baseline Ultrasound

Starting the process for IVF #2 is interesting... First, I'm excited! I didn't think I would be, after what happened with IVF #1 being cancelled for low-response. But I found myself excitedly driving to my appointment this afternoon.

Last month I had my consult with my RE for my next steps for IVF #2. We weren't sure if I would get in for February or March for Egg Retrieval. I was given Provera to induce my period to come and I started taking the supplements: DHEA and CoQ10.  It took awhile, but AF finally arrived on 12/31. The timing was kind of bad with the New Year Holiday. I was driving back to town on the 31st and when I tried to call my RE's office, no one picked up. So, initially I was a little worried that I wouldn't make it for the February ER.

What's strange is, I was totally OK if I didn't make it for the February ER.

For IVF #1, I was so worried about timing and getting things in by the end of 2015 - doing things right - getting used to the new process for IVF. It was a bit much. Now, I don't really feel rushed for IVF #2. It'll happen how it's supposed to happen. In all honesty, I may not feel the same when I'm taking all the fertility meds! But right now, I feel little "leisurely" about IVF #2.

This morning I called my RE's office on Day #5 of my cycle. Normally, I would have my baseline Ultrasound on Day 2 or 3. I wasn't really sure what to expect. Well, they said I had to come in TODAY to have my baseline ultrasound. Which is OK, since my day was pretty open.

I have a new insurance provider as of the New Year and there were a few issues with them finding me in the system. But it looks like it is worked out now. I had verified my insurance coverage over the weekend, so was surprised there were issues finding me.

The ultrasound was interesting because my follicles are bigger than they normally are at the baseline (because I came in on day 5 vs day 2/3), so I could see them better.

  • Right Ovary: 5-6 follicles
  • Left Ovary: 2-3 Follicles and that big cyst 
My RE doesn't seem concerned about the cyst. Thinks it's going to go away on its own. He also said that it depends on what type of cyst it is. I asked if it would delay the IVF cycle and he says he doesn't think so, that there are things they can do if it doesn't go away on its own. Which I thought was interesting. He's the doctor! And I trust him. Just going with it... 

Now, I begin birth control tonight and should receive my IVF calendar next week. Very exciting stuff! 

I am thinking positively that this could be the year it all works out :) Fingers Crossed for a good response to the different protocol. 

Next Steps: 
  • Start Birth Control 
  • Continue Supplements 
  • Next week: Receive IVF Calendar 
  • Next week: Order Medications 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment