Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cycle #7, IVF #1: Post-Cycle Consult + Next Steps for IVF #2

Had my Post-IVF #1 Consult with my RE today. There's no way to really tell why the cycle didn't work, just need to change the protocol. I did find out that my Estradiol levels were good for my first two blood draws. But my third blood draw, the levels weren't high enough.

IVF #2 Plan

My RE wants me to do the following precycle for at least 1-2 months prior to my IVF cycle:

  • DHEA: 75 mg/day 
  • CoQ10: 2x's/day 

The plan is to be more aggressive with the meds. RE said that I'll be on the highest dosages that I'll get on.

  • IVF Protocol: Lurpon "Microdose" Flare. I'll be on Lupron 2x's a day, but a very low dosage. Also, instead of 10 days before the injections begin - I'll start only 2 days before injections. 
  • FSH/LH Injections: will be 2x's a day. 
    • AM: 150 iu Gonal-F, 75 iu Menopur
    • PM: 225 iu Gonal F, 75 iu Menopur
I'm starting Provera today to try and induce my period this month. We are aiming for a February Egg Retrieval, but the timing may not work and it may have to be in March. 
  • February Egg Retrieval: Week of 15-20. Period needs to start by January 17th.
  • March Egg Retrieval: Week of 14-19. Period needs to start by February 14th. 
The weirdest part is: the time between cycles. With IUI's my cycles were monthly. Now, with IVF#1 being cancelled - it'll be 4-5 months since my last IUI (in October) before I can even "try" with IVF #2. Feels odd not "trying" every month and instead "waiting" or doing "stims". I just hope that the change in protocol and the increase in meds leads to an actual egg retrieval! Will see how it all goes down. 

One of the staff members told me to "keep my chin up" and to stay positive. They are so supportive and sweet. I can't imagine ever leaving this RE's office because of how nice they are to me! I also was able to donate my PIO shots to my RE's office. I received them after my cycle was cancelled and they expire in 30 days. Hopefully another woman can get it for free and save some money. 

Another interesting thing about moving forward is insurance coverage. I am changing providers beginning 1/1/16. My "coverage" stays the same, since it's through my employer, but just hoping things are still smooth running. 

I wish I can say how I feel about this whole thing. Truth is, I feel a little disconnected from the process right now. Not really sure why? I guess because I have absolutely no control over what happens next or how my body will respond to the meds this go-around. I need to think about things and decide how I'm going to handle it, so I have realistic expectations for IVF Cycle #2. 

Next Steps: 
  • Start Provera to induce AF in December. 
  • Call RE's office when AF begins this month. 
  • Order DHEA and CoQ10 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment