Wednesday, January 27, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Cyst is Non-Functioning

I received some GOOD news today: The cyst is non-functional. Meaning, that it's not producing any hormones and it will NOT interfere with my IVF Cycle.

Right now, this IVF Cycle has been GREEN Lighted.

I still need to have my ultrasound next week to see if it has gotten smaller. There is a slight possibility they may need to drain the cyst, as it can interfere with other follicles developing (possibly). That decision will be made at the ultrasound appointment.

Now, what the heck does "Drain the Cyst" mean and what's the process? I don't know. I don't want to know. I will not Google it. I will not search for anything on the web. I don't want to freak myself out! I will wait and see. Once the decision is made if this drainage thing needs to happen, then I'll deal with it then. No need to stress myself out about it right now! There's already so much to stress and worry about in this process. It'll be hard, but I will resist the Google-verse lure.

This is really good news! At least I know I'll be able to start Stims. It'll just be a matter of how I react to the medications this go-around that will determine how far I get in the process this time.

But still, GOOD news! :)

I'm trying not to let myself "stress" so much this cycle. It's really hard NOT to stress out about every single thing. I didn't realize how much I wanted this cycle to happen until they said "green light" and I thought, "WOOHOO!" I felt a little lighter with that knowledge that the cyst won't be a stopping point.

Next Steps: 
  1. Order Lupron from Pharmacy 
  2. Tuesday, February 2 @ 3:00 p.m. Follow-up Ultrasound to look at the Cyst 
  3. Thursday, February 4: Start Lupron 
  4. Saturday, February 6: Start Stims 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment