Monday, May 16, 2016

Fostercare Update: Preparing for Munchkin to leave

My little Munchkin is leaving in a few weeks. This by far is the hardest part of being a foster parent: Saying goodbye. I'm trying to prepare myself, and my son, for his eventual departure - but it's not easy. I have so much anxiety over him leaving, it makes it so hard. I can't get into details on his case, but I just worry for him. You'd think after fostering for 5 years and saying goodbye to my other foster children, it would get easier to part ways. It doesn't. Some hurt more than others... and Munchkin's departure will be up there with my heartbreaks. 

I'm praying that he'll be ok and safe when he leaves. But right now I'm a bit of an emotional wreck when I think about never seeing him again. He's become a part of our family while he was here, it's going to be so hard to say that final goodbye.

I don't have any elegant words right now about how I'm feeling... My heart is just hurting with how much I love him and how much I'm going to miss him. I'll try to express my feelings in more words in a different entry. Right now... it just hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment