Monday, June 27, 2016

IVF #3 (Cycle 10): New IVF Calendar!

There's something exciting about receiving a new IVF calendar! My Egg Retrieval is scheduled for 7/21/16.

I've been really bad about posting. The last few weeks at the new job have been busy. With the new commute and the lack of a good night's sleep... I feel like I'm dragging most of the time!

But I did want to post that I'm moving forward with my IVF cycle and I feel very excited about it. Not only am I going to be able to cash roll this cycle, but I'm feeling good about the prospect of a good retrieval.

Quick Update 

Since last time I wrote, AF decided to be REALLY late. Surprisingly, I started AF on Sunday 6/19 - the very last day I could start to do the July retrieval (although my RE already said it was OK if I didn't start - but it was still a relief to finally get AF). The bad thing was, it was a few days of very light flow --- then it was so heavy. Ugh. It was a little difficult for me since I was at work and had to keep going to the bathroom. But I survived.

Then, they got me my IVF calendar on 6/21! I meant to update last week when I received it, but no time.  I also received my quotes for the cycle, I'll write a separate post on that.

Pharmacy Vent

The only sucky thing that's happened was I had a HORRIBLE experience ordering my meds! This is my 3rd IVF cycle... my 4th time ordering meds (IVF #1, IVF #2, FET #1, now IVF #3). I have never had a bad experience or a hassle ordering my meds from my pharmacy. But this time... man oh man. I was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours being transferred everywhere and no one could answer the question, "What needs to be done so I can order my meds?"

Simple question right? Well, no one knew the answer. Very frustrating.

They needed preauthorization.
Doctor already sent over the preauthorization.
They needed a form from my doctor stating what type of procedure I was going to have.
They already received it.

Turns out... ALL my meds (minus the microdose lupron) were already authorized from my IVF #1 cycle. The medications were authorized for one year. So, there was absolutely NO NEED to go through all those transfers and waste all that time. They were just lazy and not wanting to look at a second screen.

GRRRRR.

I don't normally get impatient with customer service people, but when they can't tell me WHY they can't do my order and just transfer me all around the company, it pisses me off. I finally did talk to a competent person who did a "warm transfer" to ordering and walked them through how to see the authorizations.

Ok, that aside... I am really excited about this upcoming cycle! It's so strange how I can take a break and hardly think about TTC and even consider not TTC anymore... then I get my IVF calendar and I'm all excited again and keep thinking about the "what ifs."

I'm going to try and write a more detailed entry later and provide my updated calendar (after I make it!).

Next Steps: 

  • 6/29/16: Injections/Consent Forms/Bill Due
  • 7/5/16: Last day of BCP
  • 7/8/16: Lupron Start 
  • 7/10/16: Start Stims 

For more info on my IVF journey, click here.  IVF #3 details to be added soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment