Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Gratitude: May 2016

The Gratitude project is still going! May just flew by with so much going on: started my new job, Munchkin turned 1, was notified Munchkin would be leaving, gave a speech in front of a lot of people.

Here's what I was grateful for in May:
  • My son helping me with chores 
  • Making a new back to work house schedule routine 
  • My son asking me for more good night kisses
  • Giving a speech in Toastmasters about some of my foster babies. 
  • Remembering the times with my former foster kids 
  • New appliances to help me meal plan when I go back to work 
  • Practicing meal planning for the week!  
  • Foster parent appreciation dinner 
  • Spending Mother's Day with the boys 
  • Meeting with my financial advisor for the first time 
  • Takings steps to attack my debt snowball plan
  • My new food vacuum sealer, how did I ever live without it?
  • Having Munchkin's 1 year old pictures taken 
  • Watching Little Guy enjoy the science museum and explore 
  • Getting completely lost in a book 
  • Being on a reading frenzy 
  • Participating in a foster parent panel 
  • Watching Munchkin learn to walk 
  • Getting good use out of Goodreads to find my next good book to read 
  • Giving a speech on my foster kids in front of 150 people 
  • Getting positive feedback on my speech and hearing other people's journey on fostering or adopting. 
  • Receiving feedback on how to become a better speaker 
  • Starting a new job!!! 
  • Building confidence 
  • Opportunities to excel 
  • Learning new job responsibilities 
  • Making new connections 
  • Feeling so many emotions reading a new book 
  • Long phone calls with friends
  • Successful meal prepping for the week 
  • Feeling successful that I didn't eat out at work and brought healthy options to work 

No comments:

Post a Comment