Thursday, June 30, 2016

IVF #3 (Cycle 10): Cycle Pay Day

Had another appointment at my clinic for IVF #3. My clinic has three offices around the area. This was my first time going to the office that's close to my new work location. It's a lot more smaller than the other offices, probably due to the location.

The Agenda: 

  • Sign Consent Forms - the PGS testing consent form was a little confusing 
  • Injections Training - didn't really go through it, since this is my 3rd go-around 
  • Pay for Cycle - pricing listed below
  • Provide Urine Sample - making sure I'm not pregnant. Had to laugh at that. 
  • Bloodwork - HIV testing, standard before starting the cycle 
I had to choose which insurance to use for this cycle: 1) Old insurance through old employer (that ends in August) and 2) New Insurance with new employer.

The new insurance has a life time limit of $15,000 for infertility treatments. I could have used the new insurance to pay this cycle and would have been about $2K less... but then I would've cut into that life time limit... So, I decided to use my old insurance for this cycle and pay the extra $2K. I didn't want to risk the life time limit... just in case.

Here's the breakdown of pricing - just for the costs associated with the clinic: 

IVF #3Pricing NOTE
Proefessional Fees $0.00Billed to Insurance
Lab Fees$3,215.00
Surgery Center Fees$0.00Billed to Insurance
Estimated Co-Pays, Co-Insurance, Deductible (estimated 5 stim visits)$800.00
Anesthesia Fees$0.00Billed to Insurance
Embryo Cryopreservation $500.00Should be covered, but billed anyways.
Thaw of existing embryos$350.00$175 each
ICSI$1,525.00
Assisted Hatching$515.00
PGS/PGD Biopsy Fee$2,250.00Up to 8 Embryos
PGS/PGD Biopsy Fee >8 TBD$150.00/Each
Paid to Fertility Clinic $9,155.00
Credit at Clinic $1,387.14
Total Due $7,767.86Due on injection training day 


Here's the breakdown of other costs, some are estimates:

Genetic Testing Lab - TBD
PGS Multi-cycle Plan $2,200.00Up to 8 embryos over 3 IVF cycles.
Shipment $375.00Per Shipment
$2,575.00
Medications/Pharmacy
Order #1: Provera $0.79
Order #2$215.00All meds, minus Lupron
Order #3 TBDLupron Only
$215.79
Other
Baseline U/STBD$25
Donor SpermTBD1 or 2 vials?
Egg Retrieval Anesthesia TBDUsually receive bill after insurance reviews.
$0.00
Total Cost for IVF #3$11,945.79
Total Out of Pocket Costs $10,558.65

What's nice so far is that I've been able to cash-roll this IVF cycle. Nothing on credit and no loans.

Here's my IVF calendar:



I'm excited to get this cycle started and to see what's going to happen with the PGS testing. That will really be the tell-tell on what is going to happen next for me with TTC. Hopefully all will go well and I'll have my FET in September.

Really hoping this cycle has good results...!

Next Steps:

  • 7/5/16: Stop Birth Control Pills
  • 7/8/16: Start Lupron 
  • 7/10/16: Day #1 of Stims 
For more on my IVF cycle, check out my IVF Timeline

No comments:

Post a Comment