Thursday, July 14, 2016

IVF #3 (Cycle 10): Stim Days 2-5, Monitoring Appt #1 - Possibility of canceling cycle

Here's a few ramblings for Stim Days 2-5 and my first monitoring appointment on Day 5.

See my post on Stim Day 1.

Stim Day 2 (7/11)

Started spotting today. My last BCP was last Tues 7/5. I normally get a light AF after I stop the BCP, but this time it took it awhile to start. Maybe because I was on BCP for a short period of time? Who knows... 

Stim Day 3 (7/12)

Already have a bruise on my tummy from the injections :(  Also, already feeling emotional. Need to stay away from sob-worthy TV episodes. Ugh. 

Stim Day 4 (7/13) 

Received an email from the genetic testing lab. I have to fill out some more waiver forms and put my credit card on file. The cost is going to be $1950 for up to 8 embryos. 

I now have a lot of bruising on my tummy. Which surprises me, as I normally don't bruise this easily during stims. Oh well, almost half way done. Not really feeling any discomfort yet in my ovaries, so hoping this is all working! 

Stim Day 5 (7/14) + Monitoring Appointment #1 

I have to admit, I was worried about the monitoring appointment. IVF #1 I had a low response. IVF #2 my right ovary didn't respond well. I was hoping to get a good response from both my ovaries this round. Day 5 is kinda early to really "know" if it's working, it's easier to see the follicles the longer you Stim for. However, at IVF #2 I had 8 follicles at the Day 5 monitoring. They retrieved 9 eggs, 8 were mature. So maybe it was the same 8 they saw on Day 5? 

The monitoring appointment didn't go well -- at all. I'm not sure if I was even prepared for the discussion on possibly canceling this cycle. Yup, CANCELING! I'm going to do a separate entry on my feelings and frustration with everything.... For now though, I'm responding very similarly as I did to IVF #1. They only saw 5 follicles and I have another cyst on my left ovary.

Here's a comparison of Day 5 monitoring results from all 3 IVF Cycles:

Monitoring Appt #1
(Stim Day 5)
IVF #1IVF #2IVF #3
Uterine Lining11.56 mm5 mm4.5 mm
E2280.5252254.5
Right Ovary Follicle Count4-533
Left Ovary Follicle Count 2 + Cyst52 + Cyst
Total Potential Follicles6-785

At this juncture, I was actually doing better on Stim Day 5 with IVF #1 vs IVF #3. Ugh.

This is not what I expected, at all. I have my next monitoring appointment on Sunday (Stim Day #8) where I'm really going to have to decide what to do next... I'll save that for my venting entry.

I'm feeling so defeated at this point... I'm just not understanding why this just keeps getting harder and harder and harder. Where's the light at the end of the tunnel?



Portal Message: No medication changes. 

Next Steps: 

  • 7/17/16: Monitoring Appointment #2 - ultrasound and blood work. 
For more info on my IVF cycle, check out my IVF Timeline

No comments:

Post a Comment