Wednesday, July 20, 2016

IUI #7 (Cycle 10): Trigger + Sperm Arrived

It's funny, I was looking at my last IUI (Cycle #6) from October. There's some small things I've "forgotten" about doing an IUI, so was reading up on my old entries instead of going to Google-verse. I had said, "last IUI ever." Well, guess not!! I've even been thinking that IUI's might be a better option (cost-wise) if none of these other options work (IUI #7 and/or FET in September) vs. doing another IVF retrieval.

Last Injections

Since my IVF cycle was converted to an IUI, I still had to continue my IVF injections until the day of trigger. It was a bit bitter knowing I'm injecting my body with all these meds and not getting the wished for results of an IVF retrieval. But if I were honest, it was nice to do that LAST injection.

Trigger Shot 

Every time I have a trigger shot at odd hours I get paranoid I'm going to miss it. Which totally happened for IUI #5! So it's not like it's never happened to me before. I set my alarm before going to bed and I still woke up 10 minutes before my alarm thinking, "I missed it!" 

I haven't done a trigger shot for awhile (since IVF #2 in February), so I did follow the instructions carefully. I was happy to be done with it, last shot (for now anyways). After I was done with my shot, it took me awhile to get back to sleep again, was dragging a bit today. 

Donor Sperm Arrived 

Mini panic attack. I checked the shipping status this morning and it said "rescheduled delivery to 7/21." Eek! Freaked me out that the Sperm wouldn't get there on time... Then what? Can this cycle get any worse? But what was strange about it is, it showed it arrived in the City today and "destination scanned." So, why would it take an extra day to get there if it's already in the city? That doesn't make sense... 

I had to call UPS. Apparently the package didn't make it onto the truck for delivery, for whatever reason. So I asked if I could pick it up instead and they said no. WTF. I swear it took everything in me not to yell at the customer service person, "I need my Sperm delivered today!" Not to mention I was at work... at my desk... making this call, trying to sound calm and professional. Oh Lord, how people would've reacted to me saying that at work. 

It did get escalated to a supervisor. After 20 minutes in the phone... Turns out that the package WAS on a vehicle for delivery TODAY. But the online system didn't catch it and changed the delivery day automatically. Stress over nothing apparently. 

Is the universe telling me something about this cycle? Not one thing has gone as planned this cycle. Will I get a break? Sheesh. 

After all that, the package was delivered on time.

So, what sucks big time is my clinic called me and was confused on why a second vial of sperm arrived today. If you recall, I ordered an IUI A.R.T vial for the IVF cycle, Donor #5. Well, A.R.T vials are cheaper and supposedly have less sperm than a regular IUI vial. My RE told me to order a regular IUI vial when the cycle got converted on Sunday. When they called to verify the shipment, turns out that Donor #5 IUI A.R.T vial had just about as much sperm as Donor #2 IUI vial... UGH. Seriously? So I didn't have to buy another vial after all! Damn. $815 down the drain. They asked me which vial to use for tomorrow, I told them to use the new one (Donor #2) that they just got. <sigh>

Then there's the medication screw up. I did a refill order for Progesterone at my pharmacy. Thinking I was ordering the progesterone suppositories. Turns out I ordered the PIO shots. WTH. More $$ down the drain, sadly. That was totally my fault though, I tried to do an online re-order. Need to get this fixed tomorrow as my pharmacy apparently does not have the progesterone suppository RX on file for refill. I guess I'll donate the PIO to my clinic, I have no use for it right now and it expires in 30 days. 

At this point, if this cycle works - it'd be like a miracle. Seriously. All the things that could've went wrong - went wrong. Not to mention my hormones are in a muck with all these injections, combined with all these things going the wrong-way -- it's not a pretty picture! I'm a bundle of hormonal madness at the moment. $ down the drain, things not going according to plan, unneeded extra stress, worrying about sperm arriving.

A miracle... a miracle would be really nice just about now. Let's see how all this turns out. 

Next Steps: 
  • 7/21/16 @ 11:45am: IUI #7 

No comments:

Post a Comment