Thursday, July 21, 2016

IUI #7 (Cycle 10): IUI Day

When I was little I was really into horoscopes. I thought I'd read mine for the month/week/day to see if I could get any insight into this IUI. Premonitions, insights, anything. No such luck unfortunately! lol. Guess I'll have to wait a full 14 days before I find out if it worked or not. Can't believe I used to totally be into that stuff.

I took a half-day off of work today for the IUI. I think I should've taken the entire day off of work today. I was pretty useless for the part of the day that I worked.

I ordered the progesterone suppositories through a local pharmacy I've used for my previous IUI's. They'll hand-deliver them tomorrow. 

Today was my IUI #7 day. It went as my other IUI's have gone, done in under 5 minutes. The speculum going in is still the most uncomfortable part. This time, I actually felt when the catheter hit the top of my uterus! My RE said, "I'm sure you felt that, that's the top of your uterus." Then he said, "All the Sperm is in the uterus." And we're done! 

Sperm Analysis 

Donor #2 had good numbers: 

  • Motile Sperm: 28.4 million
  • Motility: 58%
Here's the swimmers in the catheter: 


I didn't do much after the IUI. I was still dragging from lack of sleep this week and being a hormonal mess. So, I napped most of the afternoon away. I feel really bloated and uncomfortable. 

Otherwise, I'm hoping to be able to get through the TWW in one piece and not stress too much. I haven't been successful in the past in not doing early testing... but I think I'm going to hold off this time. The way this cycle has gone, I don't need the extra stress. 

Now, it's time to wait! 

Next Steps: 
  • The Two Week Wait 
  • 8/4/16: Beta Test 

No comments:

Post a Comment