Friday, February 24, 2017

24w+6d: OB Monthly Appointment

I had my monthly OB appointment today. My OB practice has multiple midwives and doctors. Today I saw a different one and I really like her over all the other doctors I've seen. She was very nice about listening to me and answering my questions.

Some Stats from my visit:

  • Weight: +4 lbs now! Not sure how accurate this is because I had my boots on and I had just eaten. But that's a change, as I wasn't gaining weight before. 
  • Blood Pressure: 132/70. I was a little concerned that this was a bit higher than my previous blood pressure readings. I'm concerned about preeclampsia. But they said not to worry about it unless it's closer to 140/90. 
  • Fetal Heart Tones: 150 bpm 
Lightning Crotch

We talked about something called "Lightning Crotch." Which I think is a hilarious term! But totally fits. Earlier this week I was concerned because while I was sleeping and was changing positions, I felt a sharp pain in my groin area. It hurt really bad, but was gone "lightning" quick. Hence, the name of the term. LOL. I was also worried because I had this recurring, almost throbbing, pain on my left side. Because of course I worry about every single "new-ish" thing that happens! Earlier in the week, I almost called to go in early because it was making me paranoid. 

Alas, it's all normal stuff. Most likely round ligament pain. Also, it can be due to my bladder being full (which it was when I experienced the lightning crotch). Or it can be due to dehydration (which after I drank more water it went away). All normal - strange - pregnancy things that go on. 

Antenatal Depression 

We talked about this in detail. The doctor wants to followup with me after I have my first therapist meeting to see if it helps to talk about it any. At the next appointment we'll evaluate if medication might be a good idea. She didn't push medication, which I appreciated. 

Braxton Hicks 

Braxton Hicks contractions is something I'm not really sure I've been experiencing or not. The doctor explained it in more detail to me on what it would feel like vs. real contractions. After she explained it, I think I might have been experiencing it every now and then. But it's good to know what to worry about and what not to worry about. 

Birthing Classes 

I talked to the doctor about whether or not to take birthing classes. I was leaning towards NO because of my experience when calling to inquire about doing the classes alone. But the doctor thought I should take them because there's so much good information on birthing options and better to know what your options are ahead of time and not just find out while you're in labor (and freak out). So... I registered today. There were only two classes that I could take that fit within my timeline and both were almost full!! So, I registered for one and was the last person to register -- now the class is full. Thank goodness I was able to get in! I'll be taking a one day "express" class when I'm 30 weeks. 

All and all, the appointment went well and I felt like I got a lot of good information. 

Next OB Appointment: 3/24/17. After this one, we move to every 2 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment