Saturday, February 4, 2017

22 Weeks Pregnant - Entering my 6th Month

I never really thought of the "technicalities" of trimesters vs. weeks vs. months before I was pregnant. Non-pregnant people don't really understand the "week/day" count that much, they understand it better with months. Months can get confusing, depending on how you track the weeks :) It's all rocket science I tell you. Anyways. Here is the chart I've been referencing since I entered my 2nd trimester:


According to this, at 22 weeks, I'm entering my six month of pregnancy :) Which looks SO CLOSE to the third trimester. Exciting! 

This week was a little better for me after I had my ultrasound on Tuesday. It's always great seeing baby boy moving around and looking so healthy. 

How far along: 22 Weeks, 2 more weeks to viability 

How big is baby: A Coconut. Ovia app: 

Weight Gain: -2 lbs (with clothes on) 

Stretch Marks:  Nope. 

Symptoms: MAJOR lower back pain/spasms, it's ridiculous. Also, some odd hip, tummy pain - I'm thinking round ligament pain. Feels really uncomfortable, like a bad cramp. 

Sleeping: Sleep has not been easy... insomnia through the night, but extremely tired mid-day when I can't sleep. It all just sucks. 

Food cravings:  Chocolate - chocolate - chocolate! 

Food aversions: None. 

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new. 

Movement: I'm pretty sure I'm feeling movement now! It's really low in my tummy, so I think I'm feeling it under my placenta. Feels like twitches or a ripple, if that makes sense. He seems to respond to my son's voice. My son was reading to me and the baby was moving a ton. I can't wait until I can feel the movement outside, so I can share it with my son. 

What I did / Got for Baby: I think I'm "nesting"....! I received baby boy's new furniture today. I wasn't planning on doing anything with his room -- but I totally got distracted by the new furniture and had the urge to get started with organizing. What I did today:
  • I ended up purging everything OUT of the room that was non-baby related. There was a ton of crap in there, like extra blankets, blow up mattresses, extra sheets, etc. My challenge is finding a new place for everything, so my room looks crazy messy right now! 
  • I moved the furniture around and to it's semi-permanent place. 
  • I have pulled out some of the baby things that I have and they are "out" to be sorted (soon). Like blankets, bibs, clothes, wraps, boppy pillow covers, etc. I've designated drawers the drawers for each type of item. 
  • I set-up the changing table in the walk-in closet. I did this with my son as well, saves room in the bedroom. But the real reason is, so when the baby gets mobile, he can't get into all the stuff on the changing table! I learned that really quick with my son, so almost everything was "put away" in his room pretty early on because he went straight for everything that was a no-no. 

Here's the furniture before I moved everything around. The coloring was a little darker than I would have preferred, was hoping for Cherry Wood coloring. But I ended up liking this set better. 


What I miss: Not having to take so many breaks! Moving the room around and organizing felt nice for like a little bit. Then all of a sudden I was hit with this big mass of exhaustion and side-pains on my hips. I had to call it quits and take a short nap! I think I over did it a bit. But that means things are "half-done." Hoping I get some spurts of energy tomorrow, I hate leaving such a mess. 

Workouts:   :( 

What I'm looking forward to: Hitting viability and for baby's movements to be felt on the outside. 

Best moment of the week: Seeing baby boy on the ultrasound and seeing that everything was OK with him. Also, feeling more movement! 

Rants/Raves: I guess this is a rant. I'm starting to be extremely short tempered with people. I've been getting some road rage at crazy drivers, honking my horn at them and doing the dramatic lifting of my hands like "WTF" to them. I don't know if it's just because I'm pregnant or what... but I feel like I'm surrounded by horrid drivers. They're just horrible. From tailgating, to making turns when they don't have the right away and cutting you off, to distracted drivers on their cell phones, to drivers taking up the ENTIRE road instead of staying on their side, to drivers almost side-swapping my car, to drivers not waiting for pedestrians to walk -- when you have a child with you! But man, it pisses me off and causes me anxiety to be around these people. I'm not saying I'm the "best" driver there ever was, but at least when I'm driving I pay attention and don't do crazy things. I'm actually more of an overly cautious driver these days -- but don't drive like a grandma, just very aware of my surroundings due to the crazy drivers I seem to be surrounded by. Ok, rant over! 

Appointments Next Week: No Appointments - woohoo! A one week reprieve. Very rare. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! It seems confusing the weeks months but it isn't that bad. You are entering your six.month however you are only 5.months pregnant
    Good.luck ans congrats!

    ReplyDelete