Saturday, February 25, 2017

25 Weeks Pregnant

It's been a weird week for me. I don't know why it's been weird really... it's like I feel *more* pregnant than I did last week. But I'm happy to report that I'm 25 weeks pregnant...!!! 15 weeks to go or 105 Days to go - almost to double digits. That's to full term, 40 weeks. If I get induced at 38 weeks, I'm really looking at 13 weeks to go or 91 days... 

Things are finally starting to really feel like things are going to happen and that maybe... just maybe everything will turn out OK at the end of the pregnancy. 

How far along: 25 Weeks 

How big is baby: a cauliflower. Ovia app: 


Weight Gain: +4 lb (with boots and clothes on). 

Stretch Marks: No new ones. 

Symptoms: I mentioned "Lightning Crotch" in my previous entry. Also, I'm getting way gassy -- to the point of embarrassment! Argh. My stomach also has started making some really loud noises after I eat, which I can't control. So weird. 

Sleeping: Sleeping hasn't been going well for me. I am very restless and my mind can't seem to shut off. Tossing and turning doesn't help -- darn side sores. I tried to semi-sleep on my back, but I woke myself up snoring! LOL. So, that's not the best position either. Hopefully something will work, I can really use some rest. 

Food cravings: Rice and Chocolate! Not together...  :) 

Food aversions: None. 

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new. I'm starting to think I might get by on my old wardrobe. It'll be nice when it warms up a bit and I can start wearing flip flops, dresses, and skirts again. 

Movement: I feel baby boy move a lot now. Some times I can feel it on the outside. It's so weird because I think I feel him when he's stretching -- I feel movement all the way across my abdomen. I also think I feel when he's "rolling" around. It's an incredible feeling and it always makes me pause and feel grateful. 

What I did / Got for Baby: I registered for birthing class at the hospital after all (explained in previous entry). I'm getting a new stroller for free, since there was a recall on my last stroller. I'm also reconsidering the elective ultrasound... Going to try to decide in the next few days. 

What I miss: Not being so irritable. 

Workouts: With only 13-15 potential weeks left in my pregnancy... think there's still time to make this work? I wish there was! Between my son's appointments and my appointments -- it just seems like a fleeting "wish" at this point. 

What I'm looking forward to: meeting my baby boy. 

Best moment of the week: hearing his strong heartbeat on the doppler at my OB visit. 

Rants/Raves: Rant, which I've complained about before... but I hate taking my insulin shots. Sometimes they burn so much going in and there's no way for me to predict when it's going to painful and when it's going to be painless. So every time I inject, I have to take a few deep breaths and I flinch almost every single time. It's so weird... you'd think after all my injections through fertility treatments and having done the insulin injections since November -- that it would get easier -- but it feels like it's getting harder instead. It's just frustrating because when it hurts -- it really hurts. Ugh. 

Appointments Next Week: 2/28/17 appointment with MFM for diabetes follow-up 

No comments:

Post a Comment