Monday, September 14, 2015

IUI Cycle #5: Trigger Shot Screw Up

Well, I totally screwed up! I forgot to take my trigger shot the morning of 9/14 @ 1:30 a.m. It just totally slipped my mind. I had so much other stuff going on, that I didn't realize I missed it until the morning of 9/14.

We're all human. But missing the trigger shot was like throwing over a grand out the window. Or that's how I felt. I called my clinic when they opened to figure out if I should take the trigger late... or reschedule the IUI.

As I was stressed out waiting for the call back from the nurse, I couldn't help but think that my head just "wasn't in the game". It's not like I forgot I had my IUI this week, I actually was extremely aware of it since I was planning around it. I even checked my calendar last night to "look at the week." Yet, somehow - somehow I just overlooked that 1:30 a.m. calendar item. My brain did not function with "I have to get up at 1:30 a.m. to do my trigger." Ugh.

As I was slowly freaking myself out and wondering if I should harass my RE's office or just wait for a call back, they finally called back! They were so quick, I left a message at 7:45 a.m. and they called back at 8:00 a.m. Yes, my mind went to so many crazy places from the time I realized I forgot my trigger shot until I was able to call to when they finally called me back.

We moved my IUI time back to 3:00 p.m. tomorrow. So, keeping the same day. They told me to take my trigger shot RIGHT NOW. So, once I hung up - I mixed the quickest I've ever mixed and injected the quickest I've every injected.

The nurse said that there was a "window" of leeway from Trigger Shot to IUI time... I hope they're right. I've always done my IUI's 36 hours after trigger. This time, it's going to be 31 hours. Crossing fingers this all works out. This cycle has been a mental struggle for me, if it doesn't work - I might have to re-evaluate going straight into Cycle #6.

Next Steps:

  • IUI: 9/15/15 @ 3:00 p.m. 
  • Beta Test: 9/29/15

No comments:

Post a Comment