Tuesday, September 6, 2016

FET 2 (Cycle 11): Started Stims

I officially started the "countdown" to FET #2 when I started stims on Sat (9/3). I can't believe that my FET is coming up soon. Here are some random thoughts/things that have gone on since my last FET #2 update. 

The Worry

I've been pretty good about not worrying too much about the FET. I've been pretty busy, which helps. But it's sitting there in the back of my mind... the worry that it won't work. It's like a solid block just lingering there, making me wonder about the "what ifs" in the scenario that it doesn't work out again. I wish I could squash it, but it's hard for me. I feel like I need to be prepared either way.

Emotional

I'm thinking that Lupron may be a trigger for my emotional instability! Once I started Lupron my emotions were all over the place.

Migraines

Every since mid-August I've been getting the most horrible migraines. They're so bad, that one day on the weekend I had to send my son to the babysitter because I just couldn't move. I thought it was due to the birth control pills (BCP), but I kept getting the migraines after I was off of the BCPs. Not really sure what's causing it? I normally get migraines a few times a year, but nothing like this - where it's constant, almost every other day.

I try not to take any migraine medications, but it's been so hard. The only thing that works for me is Excedrin Migraine. So, I asked my clinic what I'm allowed to take. This is what they said:
"Once you start the stimulation medication, we generally suggest that you treat your body as if you are pregnant.
Therefore we want you to restrict caffeine, alcohol and tobacco usage.
As I mentioned before, nothing stronger than Tylenol or Extra Strength Tylenol and no additional aspirin products.
Finally, we suggest that you refrain from strenuous exercise...nothing that heats up your core or increases your heart rate. You can walk, exercise your arms and legs, but not your abdominal area.
While this will all be more relevant after the transfer, these are our guidelines.
Use your best judgement and if you feel uncomfortable or something hurts, please refrain."
The only thing I can take is Tylenol, which doesn't work well for me... So I haven't been taking it. Maybe I'll give it a try next time and see if it helps, even just a little. 

No Strenuous Exercise 

Did you notice the comment on "no strenuous exercise"? Well, I guess there goes my Zumba class (for now). I don't want to "give up" on exercising all together... so thinking I'll just go to the gym and walk on the treadmill or something lame like that. Better than nothing, right? 

Camping and IVF Meds 

I went cabin-camping over Labor Day weekend with my Foster Care agency. If I have time, I'll write a post about it. But the hardest part was being on fertility medication! I brought an electric cooler to keep my Lupron refrigerated. I also had to bring a locked medication box to hold my syringes, oral medications, and sharps container. The crazy thing was, I started the Vivelle patches and those things NEVER come off. Well, turns out one of them came off and was hardly sticky. Of course, I only brought enough for the trip... I was freaked out about it, that I didn't bring any extra "just in case" ones. I made it work and it ended up sticking (after falling off a few times). Not the funnest thing to camp and have to inject myself every night. Not to mention my emotions were all over the place and it was hard not to cry watching my son play or seeing the other foster/adopt children and hearing their stories.

Still Bleeding 

Not to mention that I've been bleeding since my endo scratch. I knew I would start bleeding after my last BCP on 8/30, but since I was already bleeding - I have no clue when AF actually started. I'm still bleeding lightly today, so I'm hoping it's coming to an end soon. Can you imagine, I've been bleeding for over 2 weeks now. The bleeding really needs to stop if my uterine lining is going to get thick enough for my transfer... So, let's see how things play out.

Next Steps: 
  • 9/12/16: Monitoring Appointment #1 
  • 9/16/16: Monitoring Appointment #2 
  • 9/22/16: FET #2 
Click the hyperlink for more details on FET #2IVF Cycles, or TTC journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment