Monday, September 12, 2016

FET #2 (Cycle 11): Monitoring Appointment #1

Things are moving along with my FET cycle. I'm happy to report that I officially stopped bleeding after 2.5 weeks. Thank goodness. Sorry if it's TMI, but it's part of the "documentation" process for this FET cycle. I wasn't sure when my actual AF arrived since I was already bleeding from the endo scratch, I'm just glad it's over. 

I have to admit, this no caffeine thing is really hard right now. With all the extra emotions with the meds and all the hormones, this morning I was just dragging. Wish I can have some coffee :( 

PIO Drama 

Before I get into my monitoring appointment, I wanted to update on an issue that came up ordering the Progesterone In Oil (PIO). I ordered the PIO from my new pharmacy last month. When I ordered it, they didn't mention anything being wrong and said they would deliver it this week. Then last week I received a call from the pharmacy and it turns out that my insurance will not cover PIO. No forms of PIO - compounded or standard. The insurance will only cover crinone. The issue with that -- my clinic will only work with PIO and not crinone. My only choice really was to pay out of pocket for the PIO.

The other issue with the PIO is that I previously used ethyl oleate compounded version. Now, the only one that I can pay for out of pocket is the PIO in sesame oil. The issue? The sesame oil version is thicker and would require me to inject 2ml vs 1ml with the ethyl oleate. Meaning = harder and longer to inject the PIO. I'm not looking forward to it. Luckily the costs weren't that bad for the PIO and I'm going through a local pharmacy (was about $10 cheaper to go locally vs my insurance pharmacy). It'll arrive on Wednesday, just in time for me to start injections on Saturday.

Monitoring Appointment #1 

Nothing interesting to report from my monitoring appointment, which is GOOD. I was surprised my lining was above 7mm since I just stopped bleeding last Wednesday (which is one reason I was so concerned with bleeding so long was its impact on my lining). Luckily, everything looked amazing with my lining at 8.15mm and it had the triple layer that they're looking for.

E2: 116.5
Lining: 8.15mm
Portal MessageWe are going to add vaginal estrace 2mg tablets, starting tonight. You will insert one tablet, vaginally, every evening from here on out. You will want to wear a pantyliner as you will have a blueish-green discharge from this medication that can stain your underwear. Please continue all of the rest of your medications at their current dosing. 

I kind of expected that I would have to go on estrace again, as I had to during FET #1. Not looking forward to it, but what can I do? It's part of the whole IVF/FET thing. Gotta do what you gotta do. 

My next and last monitoring appointment is on Friday. I'm hoping my E2 levels go up nicely and that I'll get the official "green light" for the transfer on the 22nd.

How do I feel? 

I've been really emotional lately due the meds. Easy to cry and all. I'm trying not to let any doubts slip into my mind and to think positive things. I'm scared to feel "positive." I know, that sounds weird... but I just don't want to jinx anything or have expectations. I still feel excited for the FET and all the possibilities that go with it. I just need to curb my expectations maybe? I just really want the transfer to be successful. The hope of all hopes... 

Next Steps: 
  • 9/16/16: Monitoring Appointment #2 
  • 9/22/16: FET #2 
  • 9/26/16: Progesterone Blood Test 
  • 9/30/16: Beta Test 
Click the hyperlink for more details on FET #2IVF Cycles, or TTC journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment