Thursday, September 1, 2016

Gratitude: August 2016

Another month just flew by! A lot went on, but it doesn't feel like much happened. If that makes any sense. I'm busy now with my Toastmasters volunteer duties, always busy with my son, I started FET #2, I made a lot of progress on some of my goals, and I managed my first big project at work. Not to mention my son and I were sick for half the month. I've also been getting some frequent migraines (no fun). Nevertheless, the month was "successful" in terms of GETTING THINGS DONE. I also read 6 books this month, so yay!

There was a lot to be grateful for this month, to keep adding to my  Gratitude project list. I've been trying not to *repeat* anything on my lists and to come up with new things everyday. Some days are easier than others! I'm not sure how successful I've been in not repeating things, but I'm doing my best to find new things everyday. Since I started my gratitude list in October 2015, I now have 396 items on my list. When I'm feeling down, I just read through my list and it helps brighten the day :)

Here's my list for August:

  • Monsoon rains - brings the temps down 
  • Starting to use cash envelopes 
  • Getting a month ahead on my bills 
  • Managing my first project at work! 
  • Starting FET #2 
  • Movie night with my son 
  • Air conditioning 
  • Telecommuting 
  • Vicks to help me breathe when I'm sick! 
  • finding fun new books to read with my son 
  • Seeing my son get more independent and learning how to get dressed by himself 
  • Going through my son's old clothes 
  • Cinnamon French toast
  • Time to rest 
  • Lunch with coworkers 
  • My son reading me a book 
  • Gentleman holding the elevator for me
  • My son pretending he's asleep and then giggling fiercely to "surprise" me
  • Working on making progress to my mid-year goals 
  • Making progress on my son's adoption book
  • Time to fold clothes 
  • Watching the Olympics 
  • Help with my son when I'm sick 
  • Getting compliments at managing my work project 
  • Taking the first step to go to the gym 
  • Feeling like I have extra energy 
  • Going to the gym even when I didn't want to
  • Adult conversation and company 
  • Making mistakes - because I learn from them! 
  • Having a job 
  • Toastmasters speech contests 
  • Zumba Class 

No comments:

Post a Comment