Thursday, November 3, 2016

8w+5d: Update and Graduation from RE

Things have been going "OK." I had stopped bleeding last week from the subchorionic hemorrhage (SCH) and I thought I was in the clear. But this week, the spotting has started up again. The bleeding is kinda wine-colored and I am passing some stringy blood clots. Gross, I know... and sorry if TMI, but I'm trying to document all this stuff.

With the bleeding, it's very hard not to worry. I'm just trying to keep things in stride and trying not to obsess over it, although I continue to Google and read more on SCH.

Other than that, I've been having some other pregnancy-related issues:

  • Major Fatigue. I'm just tired - ALL THE TIME. If I do something physical, it just exhausts me so quickly. For example, I was hanging up pictures. Not strenuous or anything, right? But then I broke out in a sweat all over my body and I was breathing loud. Sheesh. Trick or treating with my son was also an adventure. Luckily he walks slow! 
  • Food Aversions/Nausea. I have to say that so far, I have been very lucky in the nausea area. I haven't thrown up or anything. However, I started having MAJOR food aversions this week. The big one is eggs. I can't stand eggs. Cooking them, eating them, smelling them, even looking at them... And I normally love eggs. I've been trying to eat them, but I end up spitting it out. So gross... It makes me sad :(  Chicken is yummy when it's already cooked, but raw chicken and cooking chicken makes me feel sick. Also, other things just don't taste right to me. 
  • Sore Breasts. This has been going on for awhile now... Some days they hurt more than others and sometimes I get these twinges and sharp pains. Supposedly that's all normal. 
  • Joints Hurting. I don't know if this is pregnancy related or not, but my joints just hurt. 
  • Frequent Peeing. Normal pregnancy stuff. But man... sometimes I just really got to go! Holding it does not work. I had a "close call" at work where I had to go to the bathroom and all the stalls were full. I ended up hopping on the elevator, going down a floor, and barely making it the restroom there! Like when the urge to pee hits, it's like go RIGHT NOW! 
  • Emotional/Hormonal. Dang... I can cry. I can really cry about anything and everything! I am a crying mess. I also am easy to get annoyed/angry at people! LOL. This will be interesting if my emotional levels keep teetering. 

8 weeks + 2 days: I graduated from my RE's Office! 

I had my very last appointment with my RE on Monday (10/31). I always imagined the moment that I wouldn't have to go back to my clinic. I guess I always knew what that moment would signify - that I was really pregnant. What I didn't anticipate was the sadness of leaving a great practice that has supported me for the last through 2 years, ups and downs and all that.

It was a happy, but emotional moment for me. I cried... They give such great personal attention and have helped me through so much with my battle with Infertility. I told them, "I'm going to miss you guys, but I hope I don't have a need to come back here anytime soon."

I had my last ultrasound there. Little baby was moving around and looking like a gummy bear :) His/her heartbeat was going strong at 176 bpm. This time the heartbeat sounded like a train, so wondering if little baby is going to be a boy or a girl. I'm still leaning towards GIRL. Let's see if my intuition is right. You can even see the umbilical cord on the ultrasound which is really cool. The SCH is still visible, but did not get any bigger.

My RE and the staff gave me hugs and congratulations. Asking me to bring the baby in after he/she is born. They even gave me a nice little gift, which was an engraved baby spoon :)

MFM Follow-Up Items

I've made progress on my MFM items:

  1. Log Food. I've done that this week... man, she's going to be like WTF are you eating! Horrible eating habits this week due to the food aversions. Not to mention... my blood sugars really fluctuate with certain kinds of foods. I'm going to ask to be referred to a nutritionist because I seriously need some help in the eating area. Adding together the food aversions + nausea + fatigue = I just don't want to cook. I'm too tired! I don't know what the solution is, I'll see what she says about it. 
  2. Increase Metformin. This hasn't gone so well. I had a bad reaction when I upped my Metformin, so I haven't gotten to the dose she recommends yet. I'll see what she says about this tomorrow. 
  3. Schedule Cardiologist. This was a bit of a struggle. I called them to schedule an appointment and they said they never received the referral. I called the MFM office back and they resent the referral and I STILL haven't heard from the Cardiologist. I'm going to try calling again tomorrow and see what happens. 
  4. Eye Exam. I have this scheduled for 11/18. 
  5. Dentist. I had this appointment on 11/1. Next follow-up is in 4 months. 
  6. 24 hour urine test & additional blood work. I got this done over the last two days. The urine collection wasn't too bad, it was just annoying and kinda gross. 
I'm going to schedule the NIPT (Non-invasive pregnancy test) at my appointment tomorrow. I can take it starting at 10 weeks and crazy to think that 10 weeks is very very close. 

Overall, I just feel tired. There's so much to do and so many appointments. This fatigue is kicking my butt and the SCH bleeds scare the crap out of me. But I'm getting by. Each day that goes by gives me some reassurance. I just want this little baby to be healthy and for us to meet him/her in June. I still carry a lot of fears that I try not to entertain. I hope I get to the point where I'm just enjoying my pregnancy and it'd be nice to have a boring next couple of months with nothing crazy to write about. 

Although I've heard my baby's heartbeat and seen him/her move around in my womb - it's still really hard to believe I'm pregnant, that this is happening right now. I tried not to get too attached to this pregnancy, especially after the SCH... But I am totally attached to this little life growing inside of me.  The one thing the SCH scare showed me was how deeply I love this baby. 

I am so grateful to finally be here and to be experiencing all of this. 



Next Steps: 
  • 11/4/16: MFM Diabetes Follow-up 
  • 11/4/16: OB Appointment 
  • 11/11/16: Stop all medications 
  • 11/22/16: NT Scan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment