Saturday, January 14, 2017

19 Weeks Pregnant!

Entering the 19th week of pregnancy and I still do not look pregnant! I haven't popped at all, which kind of sucks. I'd prefer looking pregnant as I feel so very pregnant. And someone rubbing their tummy all the time who doesn't look pregnant can look a little weird. LOL. Oh well. Maybe soon-ish? Every day I wake up and check if I *look* pregnant.

In some ways, it still doesn't feel real to me. I know baby boy is in there, but I guess once I start looking pregnant and feeling more consistent movement -- it'll really start to feel real. One more week until I'm half-way there...! Which is wonderful and crazy all at the same time. 

How far along: 19 weeks.

How big is baby: A mango. Ovia app: 


Weight Gain: No doctor appointments, so no weigh-in this week. 

Stretch Marks: No new ones yet. 

Symptoms: Nothing new. 

Sleeping: About the same.

Food cravings: Cereal... and whole milk. Ugh. Those are the worse for a diabetic. Of course I only crave food that I can't have... :( 

Food aversions: Nope! 

Maternity Clothes: I bought a belly band. I'm waiting for it to arrive. But I bought it in anticipation of being able to wear dresses when I get a little bigger. 

Movement: I *think* I might be feeling more movement. Sometimes I feel something that's like a muscle twitch or a muscle spasm. LOL. I know, it doesn't sound glorious, but that's what it reminds me of. My friend thinks I'm feeling flutters. 

What I did / Got for Baby: I am re-doing my guardianship designations in my Will. I also received my Amazon Welcome Box. It was ok. I also told my manager and team at work about the pregnancy. Which was weird in a way since I'm not close to any of them. Only one asked for more details, but she's probably the person I'm closest to at work so I didn't mind. 



What I miss: Eating without being paranoid. 

Workouts: I really should take this one out... not happening. 

What I'm looking forward to: My anatomy scan! 

Best moment of the week: I was using the doppler and you can hear the baby moving around in there. 
My son: "What's that?" 
Me: "baby brother is dancing." 
My son: "Baby brother dancing?" and then my son starts to dance :)

Rants/Raves: Here is a rant. My son was sick this week, a fever that turned into strep throat. I felt bad that my son was so sick. But I couldn't help being paranoid that I would catch it and if I'd be able to take anything for it - that it'd be safe for the baby. My son was coughing on me, sneezing on me, rubbing his face all over me. I'd be surprised if I end up not getting it. So my rant is on sickness and the "sick season" in general. It's hard to prevent sickness, but things are just going around right now. Still waiting to see if I'll get sick. 

Appointments Next Week: Anatomy Scan on Monday 1/16! 

No comments:

Post a Comment