Saturday, January 21, 2017

20 Weeks Pregnant: The Half-Way Mark!

I'm officially at the HALF-WAY mark in my pregnancy! 20 weeks in and 20 weeks to go. Although, if my MFM decides to induce me at 38 weeks, then I really only have 18 weeks to go... crazy.

Random:
  • One co-worker asked me, "Was this planned?" I wasn't offended at the time and just responded with "Yes, it was planned. I've been trying for awhile and it finally worked." But now that I think about it -- it was a little out of line! Some people... 
  • I had my first "curious" look at my tummy area, but no questions asked. 
  • My son's teacher asked me, "When are you due?" Didn't even ask me if I was pregnant! LOL, what if she was wrong and I wasn't pregnant?! How embarrassing that would be. It cracks me up though, some people are just so comfortable asking things like that. Made me wonder if my son mentioned a "baby brother" or something.  I guess my baby bump might be starting to pop out after all! But really, I think that my pre-existing fluff is just getting repositioned as the baby gets bigger. Haha. 
  • I stopped taking weekly pregnancy pictures. I think I made it from Weeks 8, 9, and 10 when I realized that there was no baby bump progression to follow! So why take weekly pictures. I think I'm going to start up again this week because maybe in the next month my baby bump will start to make it's official appearance. 
How far along: 20 weeks! Half-way!

How big is baby: a Banana. Ovia app: 

Weight Gain: -6 lbs. 

Stretch Marks: Nothing new. 

Symptoms: Nothing new-ish.  But I've been extremely gassy, it's a little embarrassing! Also, people talk about the 2nd trimester burst of energy. I'm not feeling it! Maybe because I'm sick right now? But I'm still finding I'm exhausted and need a mid-day nap. At the same time, I'm having insomnia at night :( 

Sleeping: I've been sick, so sleeping has been a struggle. I also think I may have restless leg syndrome or something when I'm sleeping. It's hard to explain, but it's like my legs just hurt and nothing helps them feel better and they just feel restless - like it hurts to stay still. I've also been getting side-pains in my hips. Not sure if there's anything really I can do about that. 

Food cravings: I've been more hungry lately, but not necessarily craving anything... accept CHOCOLATE! 

Food aversions: None. 

Maternity Clothes: Might need to start getting maternity shirts. I'm going to hold off as long as I can. 

Movement: Some days I think I feel baby more than others. It'll be nice when it's more constant. 

What I did / Got for Baby: A few things - 
  1. Registered baby for daycare 
  2. Ordered a prenatal kit from one of my benefits at work 
  3. Registered for a hospital tour (to be taken in April) 
What I miss: Sleeping more comfortably. 

Workouts: This is starting to become funny, in a not-so-funny way. I really need to make time for this. But there's always something, right? This week it was all the sickness. 

What I'm looking forward to: buying furniture for the baby's room! 

Best moment of the week: I have a few: 

1) Seeing baby boy on the ultrasound. Especially when he was sucking his right thumb and yawning/stretching. He looks so much like a baby now, I just can't wait to see his little face and hold him in my arms. 

2) Showing my son baby brother's ultrasound pictures. 
Me: "Let's look at baby brother's new pictures." 
Son: starts to look at the pictures and I start to tell him what everything is. He points at one of the pictures and asks, "What's that?" 
Me: "Oh, that's baby brother's penis." 
Son: "Baby brother's penis?" He looks extra close at the picture, then he looks down at his underwear and points and says, "B's penis." LOL. We look at the pictures some more with him asking "What's that" and me explaining. Then he says, "Baby brother's kinda scary." 

Haha. These ultrasound pictures are a bit funky looking!

Rants/Raves: Rant... being sick sucks. Being sick + being pregnant = sucks more! It just does. My patience was below zero this week too because of being sick/miserable. My poor son got the worse of it. Poor guy. When I'm feeling better, I'll have to do something to make up for my horrible grumpy behavior. 

Also, I can't believe how much my medical costs have been so far this year! We're not even a month in and I'm almost to my deductible. I've been following closely on my insurance claims, so I'm not surprised by any bills that come through and to make sure I'm not over charged for anything. Turns out that none of the genetic testing was covered by my insurance. I never checked, which is my bad of course. I would've done the testing anyways... but man -- it's $$. I'm also on a new high deductible insurance plan this year, which ended up costing less than a comprehensive plan (overall with all the projected medical costs). I'm going to be hitting my 80/20 marker really quick, maybe after my next appointment! Luckily I saved for my max OOP costs already because I have an HSA to help cover costs, but it's funded as you go along the year -- so I'm glad I thought ahead and saved for things. 

One RAVE, since I feel like I've been complaining a lot! Some friends have been bugging me about giving them my registry information... I did start one as more of a check-list for myself on what I wanted to get for the baby. But it's kinda nice to have people wanting to help me out with baby items and being so generous :) I'm not sure if I'm going to have a shower, so I'm only sending my registry out to people that ask for it. I haven't even made my registry "public," so you can only see it if I provide the link. I feel weird giving people my registry link because it makes me feel like I'm asking them to get me stuff for the baby. I'm trying to get over that though. Right now, I'm trying to save money in my budget for my "must have" items --- and then I can get the other "want" stuff after baby is born. 

Appointments Next Week: Monthly OB Appointment on 1/27. 


No comments:

Post a Comment