Saturday, January 28, 2017

21 Weeks Pregnant

Officially 21 weeks pregnant. Feels super far, but at the same time doesn't feel far enough. It's been a very... very long week. I'm just grateful that all seems well with baby boy right now.

How far along: 21 Weeks, 3 more weeks to viability 

How big is baby: An Endive. Ovia app: 



Weight Gain: -4 lbs (with clothes on) 

Stretch Marks: No new ones, but I am starting to get some itchy feelings on my tummy. I am starting to show though, even though it's a "questionable" bump and not obvious if you didn't know I was pregnant. 

Symptoms: Nothing new or un-ordinary. A bit of insomnia and just feeling completely exhausted. It's also hard for me to take deep breathes lately (probably because I've been sick). Like I feel like my stomach is filling so much of me, if that makes any sense. 

Sleeping: Not sleeping well. Don't feel rested when I do sleep. Having to go pee more frequently lately, I think baby boy might be resting on my bladder. 

Food cravings: the endless need and want for some chocolate... yum. I do think that I'm going to have to add more food to my snacks though. I'm starting to get more hungry and eat more at my meals, but my snacks aren't cutting it - I'm still hungry. So I might start doing small-mini meals for snacks. 

Food aversions: None. 

Maternity Clothes: Some shirts are not fitting well, trying to hold off on having to buy some though. 

Movement: Nothing constant. 

What I did / Got for Baby: I received my LifeCare package of free goodies. I really liked this package because it came with a small cooler bag! It's just the right size. I'm hoping to be able to use it for breast milk storage/transport. I've also started reading the Dr. Spock baby book. 


I went shopping this weekend -- FINALLY! My son and I have been so sick this month that I've been putting off buying furniture for the baby's room. I've also been meaning to buy my son a new bed frame. It was nice because I found affordable furniture that was very close to what I was wanting. I bought my son a "captain" bed, so he'll have some bookshelves and storage space under his bed. I bought the baby a new clothes chest and a dresser with mirror, very similar to what I have for my son - just a different color/theme. The furniture will arrive next week and I'll really be able to work on preparing the baby's new room and clearing things out. I need to make it functional. 

The best part = I stayed within budget!!! Woohoo!! I've been saving for awhile so I could buy furniture and cash roll it vs. finance it vs. charging a credit card. It was nice knowing I could walk in and pay for everything with cash. I actually was under budget. I looked into getting a glider or a rocker/recliner since I had enough for one. But then I saw my son "play" with them -- and I could see what a horrible idea it was to even think about! LOL. He kept pushing the chairs making them go as fast as he could. It was entertaining, but not something I want to see in my house - because I could totally see disaster playing out with that. I'm going to put the extra money towards getting all the necessities for the baby... or I'm playing with the idea of using the money to decorate the kid's rooms. But really, necessities trump decorations! 

What I miss: Not being so worried all the time... 

Workouts: --- no comment. 

What I'm looking forward to: Reaching viability. 

Best moment of the week: Everything that is my son. He's such a bright light on a bad day. A funny conversation with him: 

Me: "Baby Brother's in Mama's tummy."
Son: "Ma ate baby brother?" 
Me: laughing, "No, Ma didn't eat baby brother." 
Son: "Baby brother eat Ma?" 

Then I had to ask myself... do I even try to explain what a uterus is to a 3 year old? LOL. He's potty training, so we talk a lot about "you eat, your food goes to your tummy, then your food comes out your bottom" - things like that. I think it's cute and funny that he's making a connection with what we've talked about. Hope I'm not confusing him! 

Another thing that's funny is, he looked at my belly button and asked me, "Baby brother come out of there?" pointing at my belly button. Haha. Only if it were that easy. Now, he's fascinated with belly buttons and keeps playing with his. 

Rants/Raves: I think I complained enough this week. I do have a rave. I'm grateful for my son's godmother for helping us out when I had to go to the hospital. I hate asking people for help because I feel so guilty about it... But I'm glad I have people I can ask help from people that are willing to go out of their way to help us. I also love the relationship my son is building with others, it touches my heart immensely. 

Appointments Next Week: Tuesday, January 31 - MFM Visit and Detailed Ultrasound 

No comments:

Post a Comment