Saturday, November 14, 2015

One More Week until our Adoption!!!

I can't explain the joy that I feel finally being able to PLAN our adoption finalization celebration! I've gone back and forth on what the day would look like and how we would celebrate. Now, it's only ONE week away!!

Deciding on National Adoption Day (NAD) was a great choice for a lot of reasons, but mostly because 1) we get to video record it and 2) more friends can attend :) It does however put a kink into having a finalization party. Originally, if I adopted during the week - I would have had the finalization party on a Saturday. Now, the adoption is on a Saturday and the court house is almost an hour away from my house. So, I had to play with a few different ideas.

I decided to invite everyone to the court hearing. I want to share the special day with everyone. Plus, NAD has a lot of activities for kids - so it'll be fun for little ones. Then after the court hearing, we'll head over to a pizza place that's nearby (about 12 minutes from the court house). We'll eat and chat there, plus the kids can play. Hopefully it all works out.

Etsy Shopping:  

I've never shopped on Etsy before, believe it or not! But I found some great things on there and shopped almost exclusively on Etsy for this event: 
Here's all of the invites that I sent out: 


Here are some other things:
  • Hershey Adoption Announcement - these turned out really cute! 
  • Letter from President, did you know they do adoption announcements and a lot of other greetings as well: White House Greetings. This will be completed after the adoption is finalized. 
  • Family Photos - will include in Christmas Card. My friend was nice enough to do photos for us, to save us a little money. We are taking them tomorrow. Hoping they turn out nice! 
  • Since the adoption is so close to sending out Christmas cards, I decided to combine the Adoption announcement with the Christmas card. Found this awesome adoption timeline announcement on Etsy. One side will be this adoption timeline and the other will be our Christmas greeting. Can't wait to see how these turn out. I customized the timeline to fit our adoption scenario. 
  • My friend made this amazing sign for us: 

I'm so excited and can't believe in only 7 days, my Little Guy will officially be my forever son. I've been dreaming about this day and I can't wait! Counting down the days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment