Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Cycle #7, IVF #1: Injection Training + IVF Payment

Yesterday, I received all of my medications. I'm glad I didn't receive them sooner because it was a bit overwhelming seeing all of it. Luckily, my injection training class was today and it made it seem a little more "doable".

Here are the instructions that I received for today's appointment:

1) Appointment for Injection Training, Signing of consent forms, and payment in full.
2) May also have an ultrasound today if indicated.
3) Bring ALL medications and consents (IVF packet) to this appointment.
4) Prior to this appointment, you must view injection training video on website.
**Possible Urine and Blood Sample Today

I ended up not needing the ultrasound, urine, or blood sample.

Injections Training

For injections training, the nurse went over every single medication that I was taking. Showed me how to inject each one of them and explained what they were for. I had read through all of the consent forms and also watched the video on their website, so nothing was "new" or unexpected. She also verified that I received everything. I am missing a few items that were on the prescription request, so I need to call the pharmacy back and get those to arrive. Luckily, that's for medication I won't be taking until mid-December.

Then, the nurse started going over additional "packet" information: pre- and post- egg retrieval and egg transfer. We even went over what happens when I get pregnant. Which was a bit crazy, because I know IVF isn't a for-sure thing... but I sure feel very optimistic that it'll lead to pregnancy. It was nice hearing the positivity from the nurse as well!

Fingers crossed!!

IVF Payment

IVF Payment was due in full today. Luckily the price went down significantly since I was so close to meeting my out-of-pocket fees. Not too bad, considering. Here's what it came down to:

Line Item Estimated PriceActual Price NOTE
Estimated Co-Payments or Co-Insurance$1,600.00$329.00Will go down when I meet Out of Pocket Maximum.
Estimated Deductible $0.00$0.00Already Met
Professional Fees$0.00$0.00Billed to Insurance
Laboratory Fees$0.00$0.00Billed to Insurance
Anesthesia Fees$0.00$0.00Billed to Insurance
ICSI $1,525.00$1,525.00Not covered by insurance.
Embryo Cryopreservation$500.00$0.00Insurnace covers first year.
HCG Pregnancy Test$35.00$35.00Collected at time of service.
Total Amount Due to RE Office$3,660.00$1,889.00
Credit Card Charge $111.24Charge for using CC vs Cash
Medication - 1st Round $4,000.00$245.00Approximately, pending costs
Medication - 2nd RoundTBD - need to order PIO
Donor Sperm$530.00$530.00Donor#4
Acupunture $730.00$730.00$150 initial, $85 after, $325 day of transfer. Will Change, depending on how many treatements I receive.
Total Out of Pocket Costs $8,920.00$3,505.24

I'm feeling very optimistic about this process right now! I keep thinking that there's a possibility I'll have actual embryos in just a few weeks. Originally, this process felt like it was dragging. Now, it almost feels rushed - like I'm jumping right in.

What was also nice to note is, my RE's office is open on the weekends for IVF. I didn't know this previously, because they are not open on the weekend for IUI's. Which I thought was very interesting...! But this is GREAT news because I was worried with the "what if" things fall on the weekend thing.

Moving forward and moving along this IVF-world. Hoping and praying my Baby C is at the end of all this.

The rest of the week: 
  • 11/19/15: first Lupron injection! 
  • 11/20/15 @ 11am: First Acupuncture session. 
  • 11/21/15 @ 1pm: Our ADOPTION!!! 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment