Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Cycle #7, IVF #1: Quick Update + Acupuncture Session #2

IVF Update

Haven't written an IVF update in a few days. Not much to report. I stopped Birth Control pills after 23 days of being on it. Just a note - I got really bad headaches in the birth control. At first, I didn't make the connection - but after I stopped, the headaches stopped! 

I am continuing on with Lupron (10 iu). The injections were going extremely well. Then the last two days the needle kind of hurt going in. Not sure why... I'm not doing anything different. Psychological maybe? Who knows. I am starting to feel like a pin cushion though. Injections in your belly every day is not a fun task.

I did start my period, which is not my "normal" type of period. They told me I might start it and that it might not be like my normal period, so I wasn't surprised. But it's still annoying because it's lasting longer than my normal cycle and it's a different consistency... Sorry if that's TMI. 

Although things have seemed slow, it's about to get busy-busy with IVF updates, as I start stims on Sunday and monitoring appointments next week.

Acupuncture Session #2 

I don't know if I'll ever get used to acupuncture! It's such a different way of thinking. I really do need to read more into it, so that it can be more effective.  Only if I had more time! LOL. My acupuncturist looked at the color of my tongue when I go in and I guess that tells her stuff about my balance. This time needles were in the following places: calves, feet, by my knees, inside of my elbows, lower tummy, and forehead. None of them really hurt going in. 

The difference this go around is, I was actually able to relax! I even almost fell asleep a few times. Maybe next time, I'll be able to relax even more and fall asleep. I felt great afterwards. Wish I could've taken a nap though, I was tired for the drive home.  

Next Week in IVF-Land: 
  • 11/29/15: Start Stims! Menopur, Gonal-F, and continue Lupron
  • 12/1/15: Acupuncture Session #3
  • 12/2/15: Blood Work 
  • 12/3/15: Ultrasound and Blood Work, Acupuncture Session #4
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.


No comments:

Post a Comment