Thursday, November 26, 2015

So much to be thankful for!

This was our first Thanksgiving as a Forever Family. It was also Munchkin's very first Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be grateful for this year. Little Guy finally having permanency, welcoming Munchkin into our home, starting our Forever Family, having wonderful and supportive friends - just to name a few. We have had a very blessed year for sure. 

Turkey Day Fun Run 

We woke up early and headed over to the local Turkey Day fun run. I've been doing a Thanksgiving fun run the past few years. Normally, I would actually *run* a 5K. But since I haven't actually been running this past year, a one-mile walk with two small people is all I could manage! 

The fun run I chose for this year was closer to my house and smaller than the ones I've done in the previous years. Which was really nice! I didn't miss the huge crowd! Next year, we will definitely stick to this fun run. 
They had a big sign we could write what we were grateful for. Here's what I wrote: 


Munchkin fell asleep in the carrier before the race got started, so I carried him the entire way. Little Guy got out and ran for a little bit of the time in the beginning. We were actually one of the last people to finish! Lol. But I wanted to give Little Guy the opportunity to "race" a little. I'm sure next year he'll be running more than he did this year :) 



Here's Little Guy getting ready to cross the finish line: 


We even ran into one of our friends at the event! Her husband was running in the 5K. 

Thanksgiving Dinner

We don't have any family here, so we went over to our friend's house for Thanksgiving. The kids call her Grandma. Little Guy and I spent the holidays last year with them. The boys had so much fun, especially Little Guy. He was running around and playing with all the other kids. The other kids were so good with both boys. Munchkin got spoiled and was held almost the entire day. It was nice to get a semi-break from being the sole person watching the boys! It's very nice of our friend and her family to take us in. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful people in our lives to invite us to be apart of their family's holidays. 

It was a great day :) Although, I'm exhausted!!! The boys are exhausted - no nap for Little Guy and a cat nap for Munchkin. No Black Friday shopping for me! Catching up on sleep sounds like a good idea...! 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment