Thursday, December 3, 2015

Cycle #7, IVF #1: Stims Day 5

Had my first monitoring appointment today for IVF. I also had my acupuncture appointment.

Ultrasound

The ultrasound went really quickly, but the results weren't where I wanted them to be. The results:

  • Right Ovary: 4-5 follicles 
  • Left Ovary: 2 follicles and a cyst
  • Uterine Lining: 11.56

The RE didn't seem worried about the cyst... Said some women get a cyst during stims, that they're just going to ignore it. Ugh. Not sure how I feel about it and scared to check Google-verse. So maybe I won't...

So potentially 7 follicles developing right now. I was hoping for over 10... I had about 15 at the baseline ultrasound

I'm a little worried. But, can't really let myself worry about it - just have to see things through and see what happens. 

My fears are that I won't have many mature follicles and that I won't have any embryos to transfer and/or freeze. It's a true fear and a possibility, which is scary... Because the % goes down. Not all eggs are mature, not all mature eggs will fertilize, not all fertilized eggs will divide to a 5 day blastocysts. I wanted to start off with enough so that I would have a few left at the end of the entire process.

To go through all this IVF stuff, you really hope and pray for good results. It's so much to put your body through. 

Anyways. I'm trying to stay positive. Some days are more difficult than others, especially when the results aren't what you wanted or expected. 

Forgot to mention, I'm HIGHLY emotional - I'm assuming due to the medication. Since I started Stims, I am so easy to cry! 

Christmas card shopping = cry fest. 
Sad news stories = cry fest. 
Happy news stories = cry fest. 

You get the point. My emotions are all over the place. Darn meds mess with your balance. 

Just praying that this process will get me Baby C at the end of all this. Praying - wishing - hoping.

Blood Work 

Results for E2 = 280.5

Acupuncture Session #4 

I had my acupuncture session today. We focused on my headaches. The sessions are becoming more and more relaxing as I continue to go. Felt light again afterwards. Wish that feeling stuck all day long!

Portal Message: Medication Changes 

I received the portal message and here's what it said:
Based on your lab results your medication dosages have changed. Please follow the new dosing starting with your next scheduled dose.  
TONIGHT: 12/3
Gonal-F 300 iu
Menopur 150 iu
Lupron 5 iu  
FRIDAY NIGHT: 12/4
Gonal-F 300 iu
Menopur 150 iu
Lupron 5 iu  
SATURDAY NIGHT: 12/5
Gonal-F 300 iu
Menopur 150 iu
Lupron 5 iu 
The only real change is the Gonal-F is going up to 300 iu (was at 225 iu). I have to think that they weren't happy with my response thus far then. Hoping the change in dosage will help push more follicles to develop. Fingers crossed.

Next Steps in IVF-Land:

  • 12/6/15 @ 9:30am: Ultrasound and bloodwork. 

For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

2 comments:

  1. Man trying to conceive is so stressful and emotional. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's very stressful :( This cycle got cancelled unfortunately. But still moving on and moving forward. Best of luck to you! Hope this is your BFP cycle :)

    ReplyDelete