Thursday, April 9, 2015

IUI Cycle #1: CD11 Ultrasound - IUI SCHEDULED!!!

Waking Up: I woke up earlier than usual to prepare for the day and to get things ready before the kiddos woke up. I've been trying hard not to "focus" on this appointment. I've been pretty busy, so the distractions helped. However, the count-down clock was always in the back of my mind. I've been avoiding praying to God and asking him to let this be "the cycle"! It just feels wrong to ASK God to "Make me a baby". Like, if it it's meant to be - God will let it be. Instead, I decided to ask for patience, understanding, acceptance, and to keep hope. Because no matter what happens, I'm going to need those things in order to take the next steps.

I was a bit emotional in the morning wondering what those "next steps" are going to look like. I blame it on the fertility drugs - my emotions are all over the place! ;-) Just to think... this isn't even the most difficult part!! This is just one more "step" in the process to have the IUI. Yet, every single step in this process is vital to a successfully timed IUI -- which leads to a successful conception and that coveted BFP (big fat positive). 

The kids had a late night last night. We had an appointment that ran way over and set our routine back a bit. I think this may be the first time the kids went to sleep so off schedule! Off schedule to me is +30 minutes after the normal bedtime.  I'm really good about sticking to the wakeup/night time routine. Little Guy even tried to say "Ni-Ni" last night. Warms my heart every single time. I let them sleep in a little later this morning, since I know they went to sleep late - but also so I could get things in order. When I did finally got the kids up, Little Guy decided to pee when I was changing his diaper! Believe it or not, we haven't had many incidents of that happening up until now. He peed all over his leg and started laughing. Silly boy. Need to start thinking about potty training him and Little Miss. 

Prior to leaving the house, I made sure to have my Pregnyl (HCG) Trigger shot and my "lucky" ultrasound socks with me!  

Ultrasound: The ultrasound went well, I was in and out in 5 minutes maybe? Really fast! First the good:

  • Uterine Lining: is at 9.22 mm, which is good! It needed to be above 7mm. 
  • Right Ovary: There's ONE leading follicle that is 16mm. A lot of smaller ones, but not any that are "in contention", they are too small. 
  • Left Ovary: They had a hard time seeing my left ovary again. There were a lot of small follicles. He was able to see one follicle that was about 13mm. But that's not as big as they want it. Follicles grow about 1-2mm a day, so it's possible it can mature and get bigger, but it looks like right now, the one on the right is the best bet. 
After the U/S, the nurse showed me how to do the Pregnyl Trigger Shot... Looks painful, but do-able. 

Here are my Lucky socks at work! 



Next Steps: The IUI is scheduled for Monday, April 13 @ 2:15 p.m. -- I was right on choosing the day! I had a feeling it would be that day. Was hoping for earlier, but kind of knew the timing would work better if it was on Monday. The Trigger Shot is schedule for Sunday April 12 @ 2:15 a.m. Yup, you read that right! It has to be 36 hours prior to the IUI.

How I'm Feeling: I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed that I didn't have more larger mature follicles. I was hoping that 2-3 would give me better odds of getting pregnant this cycle. However, it only takes ONE egg to make it work. Plus, the second follicle is close behind and can grow big enough by the Trigger to be in contention (possibly). They say that follicles grow about 2mm a day. If that's right, then the 16mm will be 24mm by IUI time and the 13mm will be about 21mm. Hoping and praying these follicles keep growing steadily.

Looking on the bright side, The Cycle is still a GO! I have at least the one good follicle and one really close behind. I have my trigger day/time, I have my IUI day/time. Moving forward! Just need to take a moment and be thankful that things are lining up and there are no more obstacles this cycle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment