Sunday, April 12, 2015

IUI Cycle #1: CD14 Pregnyl Trigger Shot - I DID IT!

This morning I had my Pregnyl (HCG) shot .... 2:15am. The trigger shot induces ovulation. 

Before I went to sleep I set everything out on the counter and set my alarm for 1:50am. I wanted to make sure I had time to mix the solution. 


I went slow mixing the solutions, following the steps slowly - to make sure I didn't mess up. It went relatively quickly and I was able to lay back in bed while I waited for my 2:15am alarm to sound. 

At 2:14am, I "prepared" myself. Said "I will count to 3 & just plunge the needle in! No hesitating!!" 

At 2:15am, the alarm went off. I hesitated! Took 3 times counting down from "3-2-1" before I managed to insert the needle. I decided to go with under my belly button for the shot. Surprisingly, going in did not hurt!!! I started to depress the needle slowly & that didn't hurt so bad. Removing the needle there was minor pain & then immediately after I felt a burning sensation, very slight. Only lasted a minute or two before it dissipated. There was hardly any blood - just a little dot easily covered with a bandaid. 




Overall, it wasn't bad!! I can't imagine having to give myself shots all the time.... But it went better than I expected. I'm actually surprised I was able to pull it off! I was doubting myself there for a little bit. 

Now, in about 36 hours I will have my IUI... Then in 40-42 hours I should ovulate. Praying my follicles continued to mature & at least one is >18mm. Hoping sperm & egg meet & conception occurs.....!!! Let's hope Monroe's swimmers get the job done! Then that the egg implants 7-10 days after that. Then a positive pregnancy test 14 days later! Crossing fingers this works. Will say a little prayer before I go back to bed. 

Baby C - this may be "it"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment