Tuesday, April 28, 2015

IUI Cycle #1: Final Thoughts

My Final Thoughts on Cycle #1 

The month was filled with so much built-up anticipation. I originally thought I would have my first IUI in January. Then it was going to be February. That was put on hold due to the polyp and I had my hysteroscopy surgery instead. Then I thought the IUI would happen in March. That was put on hold because AF decided not to show up. Finally, April came and everything finally went "as planned" - where the timing was concerned.

So, it wasn't just the events in April. I've been waiting to just begin this TTC journey since November/December. That's months of thinking, researching, wondering, hoping, wishing, dreaming,  praying, etc.

When things started falling into line, I was grateful because I was able to take a step forward and try to conceive my baby. As you can tell from my TWW ramblings (Week 1, Week 2), even with all my pre-research, going through the process was a lot different than I anticipated. There were little things that I didn't anticipate I would worry about or that I didn't know much about. Hence the obsessive pondering.

The Good: I now know what to expect! As my friend phrased it, I was in a "Chemical sh!tstorm" from all the medications. I didn't know I would react to the medication that way. Next cycle I won't be surprised or shocked about how my body feels/reacts. I know what to expect regarding insurance coverage and costs.

The Bad: No Baby C. Not yet anyways. But really, that's the biggest bummer of them all. I know Baby C will come when he/she is meant to... but it would've been nice if he/she was already on their way! The other bad is the costs associated with each cycle for monitoring and medication. I know in the long run, it'll all be worth it -- but in the short run, it just seems like one thing after another.

It's looking like AF is arriving soon and I'll be starting Cycle 2 this week. Here's to hoping and praying for Cycle 2 to be the cycle that Baby C becomes a reality!

"We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, 
so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
-Joseph Campbell



No comments:

Post a Comment