Monday, April 13, 2015

IUI Cycle #1: CD15 - Let's Make a Baby - Insemination Day!!!! "May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor."

Yesterday was a rough day after having to do the trigger so early! I couldn't go back to sleep after the trigger - I had so much energy. Then felt like "crashing" by afternoon! Plus I had two sick toddlers - coughing, sneezing, runny noses. I also started feeling a bit under the weather, sore throat and stuffy nose! I couldn't sleep at all last night! :(  I didn't want to take cold/allergy medicine worried it would somehow impact my IUI... Ugh. 

Nevertheless, I was highly unproductive. Read that some of the side effects of Pregnyl include being tired.

Alas, the day finally arrived for my first IUI!! All this waiting - and here we are - Baby Making Day! :) 

The IUI was at another office that's about an hour from my house. That's where they were keeping Monroe's Swimmers. I worked a half-day today & was able to have lunch with a friend prior to the procedure.

As it turns out, I had a pretty busy day - including having a presentation at my home in the evening (post IUI). Which was weird since I had such a momentous thing happen with the IUI and then I had to give an hour presentation on Mental Flexibility. Such odd timing, I had this presentation scheduled pre-IUI day being scheduled. At least it kept my mind off of it a bit! I was a little worried that I was standing for so long...

I arrived at the clinic early and really needed to use the restroom. When I asked, they didn't want me to use the bathroom. Why? I guess they like it when your bladder is "full" for your IUI. Which, I wasn't told prior...! But I REALLY had to go - like I'm not going to be able to hold it type of go. So, they said "OK, but don't let it all out." Well, you know once you start going to the bathroom - it's hard not to keep going! But I tried my best.

I got taken into the room a little early and was told to "get ready". Then they came in the room to have me verify the sperm information and to sign some form (that I probably should've read fully!). Then I was to lay down and "get into the position". The RE inserted the spectrum and then I felt like a "tickle" in my cervix and then it was done. Just like that done. RE then said, "We're done." I was like, "really?!" I was so shocked - didn't last more than 2 minutes maybe?

After that, I was told to lay there with my hips elevated for 10 minutes. I have to admit, I cried! It was a little overwhelming. This natural thing to want to have a baby and then to be going through this process, it feels so un-natural... I don't know. Then the fact that sperm from a total stranger were swimming around in my uterus made me think this is so odd. But really, what other options do I have to try to have my own baby?

So, I cried. Cried because it was so weird. Cried because it was so "procedural". Cried because I want to have this baby so bad. Cried because the odds are so low. Cried because of the possibility that this "could be it".

Then a song came on (they play music at my RE's office) - one that reminded me of High School & I started to sing along (badly) and it made me laugh. When the timer went off, I said a little prayer to God and got dressed.

I then asked the nurse if I can have the vial the sperm came in, since I spent so much money on it and I've never even seen it! Then, I asked for the full sperm analysis - out of curiosity more than anything. Turns out I had to sign a medical waiver to get it! Interesting. So, I should get it when I go in for my BETA Test (AKA pregnancy test). My BETA test will be on April 27th... Which is my brother's birthday, so I'm hoping that's good news and I'll get a positive BETA test! Not much more I can do at the moment but WAIT... the dreaded Two Week Wait (TWW).

Monroe's Sperm Analysis: Sperm Count (anything >10 million is good): 18 million. Can you believe that 18 million sperm fit in that little vial???!!!



My Lucky "FIGHT ON!" Insemisocks. Let's sing a little "Conquest" for Monroe's swimmers. One of the 18 million swimmers has to make it to one of my eggs. 


I also had my rosary with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment