Sunday, September 27, 2015

IUI Cycle #5: Two Week Wait

This was a strange TWW for me. The entire Cycle #5 has been so odd, kind of like I'm on "replay" or something - just going through the motions. The first week, of the TWW, went by relatively quickly. I felt really bloated after this IUI, not sure why! It lasted 2 days. Very uncomfortable. Started the progesterone and had my typical reactions to it.

The second week was hectic. Some new life stuff going on: 
There was a lot of adjustment for us as a family. Adding a new foster baby changes the dynamics. Little Guy is learning to be a big brother :) And he's super adorable with the new baby! Also, my friend moved in with her children staying occasionally. So, we went from a 2 person household to having 5 people, sometimes 6, in the house. Big change for all of us and something I need to adjust to. Tweaking our routine is a little bit more complicated than I thought it would be.

Also, found out my cousin's wife is pregnant with their second child. Their first baby just turned 1. I'm very happy for them! But at the same time I'm envious they are having such an easy time having kids. They're way younger than me - so I know that plays a big role on fertility. It's just hard to be trying so hard and not having any luck.

I've also been toying with a decision... if IUI #5 and IUI #6 are not successful, that maybe I'm going to take a break from TTC. Once I made this an option, I felt relieved... IVF scares me. I also am concerned about my weight. So, I'm thinking that if this cycle and next cycle do not work -- that I'll take 6 months to lose some weight and get back to being centered. I've read that weight plays a factor in IVF success rates. Additionally, I've gained so much weight since starting this journey - I need to get it under control. I'm just so hormonal on all these fertility medications. Ugh. But I feel good about possibly taking a break.

Here's to seeing if IUI #5 will be a success... 

Next Step: Beta Test on 9/29 @ 8am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment