Friday, September 11, 2015

IUI Cycle #5: Mid-Cycle Ultrasound

I have to confess, when I completed my last Gonal-F injection last night -- I was a little angry at having to do the injection. I don't normally get "angry" about it. But for some reason I feel so frustrated. Almost defeated before the IUI has even happened. Ugh. The Gonal-F burned when injected and I couldn't help but fear moving to IVF... More injections. More shots. More of this in-between stage of trying and not being successful. More of "this" where giving myself injections becomes a normal thing. It made me start thinking and wondering if maybe I need to stop trudging along on this TTC train and perhaps take a mental break. Give my body a break from all these medications. The holidays are coming up, my adoption, and my Little Guy's 2nd birthday. I can really use allocating the funds for TTC towards all of these other things...

Then I think about my aging ovarian reserve. I turn 36 in a few more months. I'm not getting any younger. I'm very close to having my costs covered by my insurance. I just need to keep going. There has to be a light at the end of this tunnel... right?  

Since the NTT on Cycle #4, I have been feeling so down. There's other stuff going on in my life besides TTC that are under my skin and adding to my negativity. Ugh. Just need to turn around my attitude, but it's been so much harder the last few weeks. Not to mention I've been having some funky dreams leaving me wondering where the heck my head is sometimes.

Mid-Cycle Ultrasound

Going into the mid-cycle ultrasound, I was hoping for: 3 mature follicles >18mm and uterine lining >8mm. You just never know what you're going to get. I didn't have any ovary pain during the mini-stimulation.

Here's what we got today:
  • Right Ovary: 17 mm 
  • Left Ovary: 16 mm, 14 mm 
  • Lining: 6.77 mm 
I was worried about the lining. It's supposed to be > 8mm. My RE wasn't concerned, said it should continue to grow and be the right size. Said that it has the triple layer, so it was OK. Plus, he said he would round up to 7mm, since it's so close. 

The follicle sizes seem OK. Follicles grow 1-2 mm a day, so they have time to grow before my IUI on Tuesday. RE wanted to give the follicles and lining a little more time, which is why the IUI is scheduled for Tuesday (I originally thought it was going to be on Monday). 

Overall, I think I'm satisfied with the results. Seems like I stimulated the same as I have the past few cycles. 

Donor Sperm Arrived 

Confirmed that the donor sperm arrived at my RE's office yesterday, 9/10. Thank goodness for that. If there's a "next time" to order sperm, I'm going to order it earlier and have it delivered earlier. Was a little stressful that I had to keep checking the status of the shipment.

Fingers crossed this cycle works...! 

Next Steps: 
  • Trigger Shot: 9/14/15 @ 1:30 am 
  • IUI: 9/15/15 @ 1:30 pm 
  • Beta Test: 9/29/15 

No comments:

Post a Comment