Tuesday, September 15, 2015

IUI Cycle #5: IUI Complete

The deed is done. IUI #5 is complete. No words of wisdom or feelings to share. I just really want this time to work. The closer that IVF becomes a "possibility," the more I'm thinking I don't want to do it. I have a mental block when it comes to IVF, I just don't want it to be an option. So, please, oh please - let this try #5 work out.

Things that are different this cycle:
Sperm Analysis: 26.6 million Motile sperm with 55% Motility

This is the first time the nurse performed my insemination. It's always been my RE. She had a hard time putting the speculum in... she had to use 2 different ones until she could get it in. It hurt pretty bad and was very uncomfortable. Then, I felt the tickle of the catheter going in. She said, "And they're off!"

She turned off the lights above, which they've never done before. It was nice not having the bright light shining on me for the 10 minutes of laying down with my hips up.

I guess we'll see what happens. Not really sure if I expect anything from this cycle. It's kind of been a mess with the whole "I forgot my trigger" thing. But it's done and I'm hopeful.

Next Step: Beta Test 9/29/15 @ 8:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment