Monday, November 16, 2015

Cycle #7, IVF #1: Sonohysterogram and Trial Transfer

In January, I did Sonohysterogram as part of my pre-screening. They found a uterine defect and I had to have a hysteroscopy surgery in February to have it removed. It turned out it was a polyp. My RE said he wanted to repeat the Sonohysterogram (uses ultrasound to look at the inside of your uterus - a  salt, saline, solution is put in the uterus for a clearer image) to make sure that a new polyp or fibroid hasn't developed. Apparently about 20% of polyps grow back! Having the surgery delayed my first IUI procedure by two months.

At my IVF consult, my RE said if we found something I may need to have another hysteroscopy... which would delay my IVF cycle. He said, "I'm not trying to get you through an IVF cycle, I'm trying to get you pregnant." I liked that he said that and appreciate his honesty. So, going into the Sonohysterogram I was a bit nervous they would find something again.

When I arrived at the RE's office, they wanted to do another urine sample. Not sure what they're testing for this go-around. I really should ask next time. I just blindly go through tests without asking. I guess I trust my RE's office a little too much!

Mock/Trial Transfer 

The mock/trial transfer wasn't too bad. Although I don't think I'll ever get used to that darn speculum!! The actual catheter they inserted wasn't bad, just tickled. RE said that it went in smoothly and that my cervix is within the normal range, 7.5mm, I think he said. So there shouldn't be an issue with Egg Transfer. 

Sonohysterogram 

Went well, wasn't as crampy as I remember the first go-around. The best news ever: NO uterine defects and NO cysts. Woohoo! Good news. It's ok to move forward with the cycle. 

It's a little crazy with IVF because at any monitoring appointment, the cycle can get cancelled. Just going from one step to another. I swear I was holding my breath until he said everything looked good. 

Medications 

Medications FINALLY got ordered!!! I'll write a seperate post on that drama. But good news, medications arrive tomorrow. 

Donor #4 Arrived 

Received confirmation that the donor sperm arrived at the RE's office... All set to go. 

Other Stuff 

I'm on vacation this week from work and go on adoption leave starting next week. Which means, I'm not working again until the New Year! Yay :) 

This week is busy-busy prepping for the adoption. 5 more days!!! We took our family pictures yesterday and they turned out pretty good. 

I found time today to get a massage -- which was desperately needed! 

Week Overview: 

  • 11/17/15: medications being delivered 
  • 11/18/15 @ 9am: Injections Class
  • 11/19/15: first Lupron injection! 
  • 11/20/15 @ 12pm: First Acupuncture session. 
  • 11/21/15 @ 1pm: Our ADOPTION!!! 

For more details on my IVF process, see IVF Calendar/Timeline.

Edited to Add: the urine test was a pregnancy test. Needed to be done prior to the Saline U/S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment