Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Cycle #7, IVF #1: Stims Days 1-4

I'm supposed to stim for 8-10 days. So technically, I'm about half-way through stims right now. Which is crazy to think that Egg Retrieval is NEXT week!!! It's getting so close to being here. Here's how Stims Days 1-4 went for me.

Stims Day 1 (11/29): 

After Stims Day 1, I started getting this horrible headache. Normally, when I go to sleep with a headache it's gone by the time I wake up. Nope, not this time. When I woke up the next day, the headache stayed ALL day long. It was so bad. Which made it worse is, I had my annual eye exam that morning and had my eyes dilated :(  I ended up going home and having to sleep until my eyes got back to normal, it was just too much. 

Stims Day 2 (11/30):  

Not surprisingly, I was able to mix the medications without reading the instructions! Guess I've been at this for awhile now, almost feels intuitive and natural mixing and injecting medication. Odd. 

Stims Day 3 (12/1): 

I had my Acupuncture Session #3 this day. Since I was getting the headaches on the medication, she put the needles in places to help with the headaches. I felt so good, I fell asleep a few times! Afterwards, I felt extremely "light". Not sure how to explain it.

Doing Stims this night, I made a mistake with the Gonal F pen! I dialed it up to 225, then put the needle on. Well, when I was twisting the needle on I accidentally pushed down and some meds got squirted out!! I was like "NOOOO!" Luckily I only pushed out 25 iu. But still, meds are expensive! Felt like such a waste.

Strange, but I also bled a lot when I took the needle out after doing the injection. I don't normally bleed at all. If I do, it's just a little bubble. This time, I had to put pressure on it to make it stop bleeding. Not sure what the difference was? Maybe just that one spot was sensitive or something. Who knows. I also got a headache again this night and into the next day. 

Stims Day 4 (12/2): 

I had my Blood Work this morning. I was going to the zoo with my son, so I brought him along. I was a little worried what he would do while I was getting my blood drawn. But surprisingly the staff just took him and entertained him while I got my blood taken. Have I mentioned how much I love my RE's office? I just love the staff there.

The blood work today was to test my Estrogen (aka Estradial, E2) level. The result = 197. I'm not sure if that's good or bad... I'll need to ask tomorrow when I go in for my Ultrasound and more Blood Work. This is the time where they might start changing my dosage of medication (increase or decrease).

Today, I'm also supposed to start checking the Portal Messages. The portal message today said: No Medication Changes. So, I'm guessing they were happy with the blood results. Let's see what happens tomorrow. Hoping for good news that a lot of follicles are developing! Fingers Crossed. 

Next Steps in IVF-Land:
  • 12/3/15 @ 8am: Ultrasound and Blood Work. @ 10am Acupuncture Session #4. 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment