Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Adoption Update: Officially moved to the Adoptions Unit!

Finally received the call from the NEW Case Manager (CM) in the Adoptions Unit!!! We have officially moved into Adoptions! Woohoo!!!

Time since TPR: 3.5 weeks

Nice for it to happen on my 4 Year Foster Parent anniversary :)

Next Steps:

  1. CM is coming out for a home visit on Friday. Going over paperwork and discussing the Adoptions process. 
  2. CM is going to submit the request for an Adoptions Home Study to my agency. Once my agency receives this, it'll take about 3 weeks to be certified. 
  3. Once I'm Certified to Adopt, then I can get a lawyer. Then: Paperwork, filing, and get an adoption date! 
  4. Adoption! Still looking like an October or November adoption date, the way the paperwork and filing process works. Thinking I want to do National Adoption Day in November... if it goes that late. 
So excited to be moving forward!!!! 

I've been thinking about making an Adoption Life Book for Little Guy and am running into a wall! I've had him since he came home from the hospital, so most of his story has already been told in his Foster Care Life Books (which I'm behind on, but have a few books already completed). So, just thinking about that already to keep my mind occupied :) 

Just can't wait to finally call him my Forever Son and for him to have my last name. Getting closer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment